Menu
Rebeccal90
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Paid old and new contract

I upgraded my mobile at the beginning of this month and today is my normal day to pay the bill. I checked my account and I seem to have paid my last bill for my old contract and the handset bill for my new phone at the same time. I was just wondering should this have happened? Shouldn't the bill for the new handset be paid on the July bill not June's?

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paid old and new contract

Payments are in advance AFAIK

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paid old and new contract

Hi Rebeccal90

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear there's some confusion with your payments.

If you've taken a Freestyle contract, your handset and tariff payments will now be separate.

You will need to make 24 payments towards the handset loan over 24 months. Once the loan is paid off these payments will cease automatically - you don't need to contact us about it.

Your tariff portion will continue to role on a 30 day notice basis though, similar to a SIM Only.

If you were in the last month of your contract, your handset repayments would begin on your next payment date, however your new package may not take affect until your next refresh date.

This could mean you're first payments on the new deal include the loan repayment and the old tariff amount.

To clarify, your tariff portion of the payment will always reflect the amount on your bill (produced around 10 days before the payment is due) and your handset loan repayment is a fixed amount over a fixed period of 24 months (unless you settle the loan early).

I hope this clears things up Smiley Happy

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos