Menu
walsh2509
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

PUK ?

Tonight coming home from work at the bus stop I powered up my phone to be confronted with PUK 8 digit no.  Now I got a new sim card months ago and registered it as per instructions but there after everytime I powered up it would ask 1st for the 4 digit pin for the sim then after I had done that it would ask for my 4 digit pin. Now the last time I used my phone was in work at break between 3pm - 4pm I opened it put in the 1st pin for the sim and then my pin no, opened no problem like it has done everyday since I've had the new sim. After using my phone for my bank I switched it off, next time I went to use it was at the bus stop to bring up my online bus ticket, it was then that I notice this PUK I entered as usual my sim pin no and then my own pin, but seen it was asking for an 8 digit pin thinking it was asking for both at once I put them in together, but came back wrong.  I never entered the wrong sim pin to trigger this PUK as the last time I used it was to look at my bank details, to get to them I put in my sim pin as usual then my own pin, as I said once I had finished with my bank I closed the phone down and went back to work, when opened at bus stop when i think about it that msg put logging in with PUK was already there ..  So I can not see where this has happened as the phone was in my pocket from then until the bus stop.

Emergency calls only - is that Em-services ? or can I use that to call virging media .. lucky for me the driver knew my face and that i use E tickets all the time or i could have been stuck in Glasgow because of this ..

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: PUK ?

Hi walsh2509,

have a look here: Virgin Mobile PIN and PUK

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
walsh2509
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that, saved me having to go to the bank to draw money out to get my bus ticket..  Once I did that, when I powered off again and opened up still asking for sim no, any way to stop that so I can just use my thumb print instead of sim pin number

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you open up settings on the phone > then to security, a SIM card lock option will be there - turn it off :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos