Menu
sweetthing
Up to speed
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

PHONE NUMBER QUERY

Can someone please tell me why, when I ring my sons mobile 'phones the number they see is not my number but a totally different one.  I have checked my Mobile account and my number is as it should be but like I say when I ring anyone a different number shows on their phone. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Twistpin
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: PHONE NUMBER QUERY

Hi.

Some of my friends and family also get a different number when I call them. I asked for my number to be transferred over from my other provider.

The number they get seems to be the number that my VM SIM card came with before they transferred my old number to it

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi sweetthing,

is the Virgin Mobile number that you have the one originally allocated to your SIM,

Or have you brought your number to Virgin from another provider?

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Twistpin
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi.

Some of my friends and family also get a different number when I call them. I asked for my number to be transferred over from my other provider.

The number they get seems to be the number that my VM SIM card came with before they transferred my old number to it

0 Kudos
sweetthing
Up to speed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I had the number I have now with Vodafone, and in January I changed providers to Virgin Mobile.  I had the number for  Vodafone number ported over to Virgin Mobile and I received a text saying that I can now use my number.  But like I say, it seems to be showing the number of the sim card I received with Virgin Mobile. Can youn tell my why this is please.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi sweetthing,

your problem reminds me of a similar post from a couple of weeks ago:
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Mobile-number-half-ported/m-p/3120903/highlight/tr...

The porting has not completed successfully.

The answer it seems is to call customer services on 789 and ask for the 'Porting Team' to resolve the issue.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Twistpin
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I rang Virgin last night to report same problem. He told me to go into settings on phone, then to phone and change the number. I'm all sorted now. Hope this helps.xx
0 Kudos
Twistpin
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Oh forgot to say you have to restart phone once you've changed the number. My phone had saved the number that came with phone before they changed to my old number.xx
0 Kudos