Menu
peteorman
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

PDP Authentication error

Hello,

There is clearly an error with Virgin Media on a number of different mobile phones as seen by all the messages below. Who knows maybe something to do with the floods and weather?

I was trying to look for somewhere to send an email or get help, but could not find anywhere on the website. 

It would be good customer service from Virgin Media to tell us when the issue might be resolved?

Really dissapointed with customer service with Virgin Media for the last 24 hours, and I doubt they will refund any of their customers who have lost out on work and buisness due to their extremely poor communications department.

Please could we get some more information as to when the service will be fixed!!!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
peteorman
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: PDP Authentication error

Just a little update. 

I called them up. The lady on the phone tells me they have added on blackberry services on to my account. When I asked why, as I have never owned a blackberry in my life, she said it was a Virgin Media national technical error. She then did something on her side of the phone and asked me to restart it and it should be working in 15 minutes. I will let you know if it works.

She did remove £5 from my next bill due to the inconvenience it has caused me. So credit where credit is due and the lady I spoke to on the phone was lovely, and should be praised.

On the other hand it would have been nice to get an email or an update on Virgin Medias website as to why their service isn't working and when it will be fixed. Customer service basics lesson 1 at customer service school!!!

0 Kudos
peteorman
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes my phone works now. Seems like it was to do with them installing blackberry services on to my account for no reason. 

0 Kudos

All Replies
peteorman
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just a little update. 

I called them up. The lady on the phone tells me they have added on blackberry services on to my account. When I asked why, as I have never owned a blackberry in my life, she said it was a Virgin Media national technical error. She then did something on her side of the phone and asked me to restart it and it should be working in 15 minutes. I will let you know if it works.

She did remove £5 from my next bill due to the inconvenience it has caused me. So credit where credit is due and the lady I spoke to on the phone was lovely, and should be praised.

On the other hand it would have been nice to get an email or an update on Virgin Medias website as to why their service isn't working and when it will be fixed. Customer service basics lesson 1 at customer service school!!!

0 Kudos
peteorman
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes my phone works now. Seems like it was to do with them installing blackberry services on to my account for no reason. 

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

if BB services are added it stops "normal" internet connections

0 Kudos