Menu
ayjayh
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

PAYG SIM only

Hello, I am a long time Virginmedia customer (TV, Phone, Broadband) .

I currently use an O2 sim in my moblie. I use it very infrequently (probably about 10 phone calls a year plus occasionally going online to check emails when there is no wifi nearby).
I have a PAYG sim only tariff  which I top it up as needed, usually only a couple of times a year, £10 each time. With this tariff I don't have to top it up monthly.

I would like to change to a Virgin PayG sim so I can make free calls from my home phone to my mobile. It seems the Virgin SIM only tariff is £5 every month, which means I would be paying £60 per year for just a few phone calls. I don't want to do this.

A few years ago I had a Virgin sim PAYG which matched the O2 deal. I left Virgin because at that time their coverage in my area was not as good as the O2 coverage.

Is there a Virgin sim only deal to match the O2 tariff now?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: PAYG SIM only

That's more than likely the case Smiley Happy

I don't work in pay as you go so I was working blindly! sorry about that Smiley Tongue ,

however, his info is

£10 - 3000 texts
1gb reward data

* Reward texts and data are applied from the 1st of the calendar month following your top up, and last all month.

£15
3000 texts
3gb data

* Reward texts and data are applied from the 1st of the calendar month following your top up, and last all month.

im not sure if this would be included as this depends on your home package ( I work for mobile and not our media team that cover the landlines )
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

All Replies
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ayjayh

We do pay as you go sims,
BIG TALK AND TEXTS
BIG TALK
STARTER

these don't have a recurring monthly charge per month and would be a "top up" basis when ever you need to

The 2nd option is Pay Monthly Sim only

The first package as a virgin media customer is the 5 pounds a monthly sim only

250 minutes , unlimited texts, 250 MB of data , unlimited calls virgin to virgin - 30 day rolling contract

this is a recurring charge of £5 per month

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

0 Kudos
ayjayh
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply. I somehow missed seeing any of those options.

I have found BIG DATA & TEXTS, which you did not mention and which I think would suit me perfectly. Would this deal still allow me to call the mobile FREE from my home phone?

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That's more than likely the case Smiley Happy

I don't work in pay as you go so I was working blindly! sorry about that Smiley Tongue ,

however, his info is

£10 - 3000 texts
1gb reward data

£15
3000 texts
3gb data

im not sure if this would be included as this depends on your home package ( I work for mobile and not our media team that cover the landlines )

ayjayh
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help. I have now ordered a PAYG sim and will see how I get on with it.

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sounds perfect to me ,

Best of luck Smiley Happy

0 Kudos