Menu
confusedman
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

PAYG Number seemingly expired

Hello,

I only visit the UK twice or three times a year and my number is now not available as I have not used it for a while. This is a very recent occurrance.

Is there any way I can get my number re-activated as I have between £5 to £10 credit on it?

Thanks,

confusedman

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: PAYG Number seemingly expired

If you leave a PAYG account inactive for more than 180 days, VM are entitled to recycle the mobile number.

They also state any credit left for over 180 days will expire too, and as far as I know there isn't a claim form to get that back.

Not the news you want to hear, but it's pretty much similar rules everywhere.

---------

I'll always try my best to help, although my advice may not always lead to a solution. Take it as you wish, I just like to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi,

I'm afraid that it's in Virgins T&C's that you need to make a chargeable call at least once in each 90 day period to keep your number active.

It's worth giving the Virgin mobile customer services a call on 789 from a Virgin mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone and see if they can help you with this but I fear you may well have lost the number & credit. Smiley Sad

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos

All Replies
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you leave a PAYG account inactive for more than 180 days, VM are entitled to recycle the mobile number.

They also state any credit left for over 180 days will expire too, and as far as I know there isn't a claim form to get that back.

Not the news you want to hear, but it's pretty much similar rules everywhere.

---------

I'll always try my best to help, although my advice may not always lead to a solution. Take it as you wish, I just like to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi,

I'm afraid that it's in Virgins T&C's that you need to make a chargeable call at least once in each 90 day period to keep your number active.

It's worth giving the Virgin mobile customer services a call on 789 from a Virgin mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone and see if they can help you with this but I fear you may well have lost the number & credit. Smiley Sad

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos