Menu
Flyer85
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

PAC port problem

For a global brand that it is built around service, the VM experience is shockingly below expectation.

24 days (days, not hours, as I was first told 23 days ago), my wife's number port to VM has STILL not happened. This is despite more than a total of five hours on the phone almost daily. Nobody knows what is going on and despite being very friendly and empathetic, the outsourced call centre staff have achieved nothing. My wife has now missed calls about medical appointments and other issues. Nobody at VM seems to care and the latest line is that it is EE's fault. Well, I am a VM customer and don't particularly care whose fault it is, just that it is put right.

So - is it acceptable that this has gone on for over 24 days? Is it acceptable that there is no timescale for resolution? Is it acceptable that nobody has phoned back (despite promises) even once?

Come on VM, you can do better than this. Sounds like this is affecting a lot of your new customers, so put it right and tell people truthfully what the hell is going on!
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: PAC port problem

Seems you have joined an ever expanding club Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Flyer85
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like it's a club that VM have encouraged to grow. During my first call back on 23 July, I was told there had been people waiting for three weeks... It's pretty disgraceful how the whole matter is being handled. Or not handled, as it feels to a frustrated customer!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Flyer85,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry that you have experienced a problem porting your number over to Virgin Mobile. 

I can see that your complaint has been raised with us and that our team have looked into this issue further for you. We were unable to contact you yesterday, so a formal response was sent out to you.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Flyer85
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. Can you confirm how the response was sent? I've not had anything in response to my email, or via here, so would appreciate confirmation. Also don't appear to have any missed calls either. Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Flyer85,

Thank you for your reply and welcome back Smiley Happy

I would like to try and save you some time and If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

All the best.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Flyer85
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben. I have replied to your message. Let's hope we can finally get this sorted now with your help! I am fed up of complaining for a month now, and your CEO's office have also gone silent after a brief acknowledgement email. You're my last hope, Ben!
0 Kudos
Flyer85
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Finally got my issue resolved. Still sheer incompetence though. I was advised a replacement SIM card was activated with the ported number on 15 August, yet I received a letter dated 17 August with "we do not have a resolution date for you at the present time".

If you are stuck in the same mess, I suggest you contact 0345 454 1091 as you might actually stand a chance of getting it resolved!