Menu
Scott0966
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

PAC Code question

Over a week ago I signed up for a 30 day rolling sim with Virgin as my Vodaphone contract comes to an end on the 27th (tomorrow). Despite being told on Monday that I would have the sim by Wednesday, today is Friday and I still don't have it.

I'm concerned my PAC from Vodaphone will expire tomorrow and I will lose my phone number because my contract with Vodaphone expires tomorrow. 

I've been on the phone to Virgin while I was typing this but I sense I was just been told what I wanted to hear rather than the truth (hence me checking on here) and lo and behold I got cut off mid conversation. For instance I specifically asked how long after my contract expires do Vodaphone have to keep my number. I didn't get an answer.

The other reason for needing to have the PAC is that it gives me 6 months half price.

Does anyone know the facts?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: PAC Code question

Hi Scott0966,

your PAC code will remain valid for 30 days from being issued Smiley Happy

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Scott0966
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It was issued on the 27th Jan when I gave notice to cancel my current Vodaphone contract. Will it last for another 30 days if I get another from Vodaphone, even after I'm no longer a customer?

(The person at Virgin couldn't tell me an then cut me off - I don't think it was an accidental line drop from my landline)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Scott0966 wrote:

The other reason for needing to have the PAC is that it gives me 6 months half price.

Hi Scott0966,

have you managed to get a 30 day SIM only contract for half price from Virgin just by bringing your own number?

I've not seen any promotion like this advertised. Have you got a link?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scott0966,

if your PAC from Vodafone was issued on 27th January, then it expires today so too late to use.

Call Vodafone and request a new PAC today whilst you are still a customer with them.

You will then be able to use this new PAC to transfer your number to Virgin Mobile.

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Scott0966
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No link. They rang me up with a couple of offers (Sky Sports & movies for £15/month for 3 months) and the other was this sim only deal. They did say it would be 4-5 day delivery on the Sim which is a surprise in itself. I had the note about my direct debit within a couple of days so they do have access to such radical concepts as second class post  :-)

(I assume they use some cheap offer from Royal Mail for sending out the sims but I'd say it was a false economy rather than the next day service that most phone companies can manage these days)

0 Kudos
Scott0966
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Alex, new PAC code in my possession and I'm happy that it lasts another 30 days rather than relying on someone at Virgin who I couldn't seem to trust as she would say anything to keep me happy.

Vodaphone had some even better offers this time round but still not quite as good as this one I have for 6 months. I wonder if phone companies ever be transparent and treat us all the same?  hahaha  

0 Kudos