Menu
D4lien
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Overzealous Parental controls on by default?

Hi Virgin.<br>Why on earth is parental control on by default all of the sudden. And why on earth are you blocking my ability to read a review about gaming mouse on TechRadar and a games review on Polygon. These are two big websites. . So I've filled in the gubbins and I'm told I have to wait for two hours for an identity check.<br><br>Don't you think your parental control is being overzealous? Also, I thought for existing customers this was off by default? Now I'm on a database, I assume, to ensure I'm not a computer mouse fetishist. When did you change this policy and what in earth is up with your blocking proxies? It's TechRadar, it's a review of computer mouse!<br>D
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overzealous Parental controls on by default?

Hi D4lien

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you've had some issues with the 'Parental Control' (Also known as Content Control) feature on your handset.

A third-party filtering tool is used to restrict the content and this can occasionally block content incorrectly.

The Content Control feature is enabled by default on all new SIMs, but you can disable the feature by logging in to your account online. Just allow up to 24 hours for the changes to take effect and then reboot your handset to refresh the connection with the network.

Could you confirm if this message is still appearing? 

If so we'll get on the case for you Smiley Happy

Keep us posted.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
dreadfil
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've confirmed I am over 18 and switched controls off in my account but it's made absolutely no difference.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Did you reboot the handset?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi dreadfil,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear your parental control settings have not successfully changed.

It can sometimes take up to 24 hours for the change to take effect. Can you confirm if the settings have now been changed? Can you also confirm the handset has been restarted?

If it's still not working please contact the team on 789 free from a Virgin Mobile handset or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos