Menu
malkybck
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Over data allowance with week left

On a monthly sim only deal, is it possible to buy a data top up for a week rather hm than having to pay £2 per day?

Don't understand how I've even gone over again anyway, 1gb used to be enough for me until I got an iPhone then I had to upgrade to 2gb because I kept going over. Not used it any differently this month and never came close to 2gb before so not sure what's happened??
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Over data allowance with week left

Hi malkybck,

unfortunately Virgin Mobile don't sell "add on" data Smiley Sad

It's something that many people ask for because if you're short of your refresh the £2 per day soon mounts up unless you turn your mobile data off.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
malkybck
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

OK thanks for the reply,

unfortunately have a new problem now though.  i only got the 95% text yesterday so turned off my mobile data to avoid charges today as i didnt need internet.  however at about 2pm i got a text saying i've now used 100% of my data,  i went online to check my bill and i was charged £2 at 11am without ever using the mobile data!!

how do i go about getting a refund?  not happy about that at all Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi malkybck,

as I'm sure you're aware. Even though you may not be on your phone using data.

Your phone's OS and apps will automatically be connecting, synching emails, checking for updates,weather e.t.c.

Hence the £2 charge once your allowance was used up.

You could always call customer services (free on 789) and request a refund as you were expecting more notification or would have disabled your data sooner.

I guess that you've got nothing to lose apart from your time.

If you give it a go, let us know how you get on.

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

AlexKid wrote:

...Even though you may not be on your phone using data.

Your phone's OS and apps will automatically be connecting, synching emails, checking for updates,weather e.t.c.

He says he's turned off mobile data when at 95% usage. The phone does indeed access the internet in standby or when on but not using a data-based app, but it's not able to use mobile data as an alternative to wifi if mobile data is off.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Gorf wrote: He says he's turned off mobile data when at 95% usage. The phone does indeed access the internet in standby or when on but not using a data-based app, but it's not able to use mobile data as an alternative to wifi if mobile data is off.

Of course, you're correct Smiley Embarassed

I mistakenly took the post to read as received the text yesterday and turned data off today.

If mobile data was truly at 95% when disabled on the device then no charges would have accrued.

I suspect that the text was late in arriving and worth taking up with customer services.

0 Kudos