Menu
joshdinsdale
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Over Data

Hi Guys

I've been charged for additional data on my sons sims (additional sim on my account). He went over the Thursday night and data was still on on Friday. I disabled it Friday so understand being charged for two days. However Virgin shows some minuscule data transfer on Saturday and Sunday, even though data was definitely turned off. I know it was still off as the phone has a mechanism to stop access to the settings app.

I've read somewhere about weird issues with 4g and odd data usage even though data is turned off. Does anyone have any ideas because as far as I can see I don't have a leg to stand on with Virgin.

Regards

Josh

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Over Data

Hi joshdinsdale,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you've been charged for exceeding the data allowance on your son's mobile when you had the mobile data switched off.

Your device OS and apps shouldn't be connecting to mobile data if this has been switched off, however we advise that you go into your app manager and verify that each app is set to update via WiFi only in order to make sure that the apps do not run without your knowledge in the background.

Please give Customer Services a call on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) so they can look into the billing side of this for you and also check on the query you have posted about the first billing date of your contract. 

Please let us know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Over Data

Terri_P said: "Your device OS and apps shouldn't be connecting to mobile data if this has been switched off"

Thinking about how many permissions we grant some apps nowadays - it's a bit like handing your phone over to a stranger and saying " do what you like with it, just return it when your finished". lol
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos