Menu
Cjw0712
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Out of contract

I have been out of contract for a few months now and I'm still getting charged the full price I phoned up and was told that they don't change it automatically but surely if your contract is up then you should revert to the equivalent sim only package instead of full contract price
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Out of contract

Hi

you would think so. There have been several posts on this very subject.

It does seem as if Virgin are just trying their luck in the hope that you'll just keep paying.

As part of the agreement you take, your monthly payment will continue until you request to change :

3.4 At the end of the Minimum Term - "You will need to contact the Team at least one month before the expiry of your Minimum Term or any subsequent monthly renewal date for your Contract Allowance if you do not want us to continue provisioning you with your Contract Allowance each month. If you do contact us we will not provision you with your Contract Allowance but will continue to provide you with the Services at the rates set out for Pay Monthly customers in our Tariff Table until this Agreement is cancelled by either you or us in accordance with Clause 10."

ALWAYS BE AWARE WHAT YOU ARE AGREEING TO

If you let them get away with it they will.... It's your responsibility to change at the end of your contract period.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
If this has helped answer your question > click 'Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Cjw0712
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I got a call from them offering me an upgrade and told the operator that I didn't want one and was just wanting to continue with a sim only plan with the same allowances only that didn't materialise I have since phoned back and hopefully it should change on my next refresh date
0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cjw0712

Glad your managed to get it sorted and changed Smiley Happy
Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos