Menu
yamuna2
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Online mobile account failure

I'm fed up.  Time to renew my mobile contract and all I want to do is have a look online - via my mobile account - to see what's available, my usage, what I pay etc before I start shopping around.  I know the email address associated with my account and I know my password, although Virgin Mobile's website appears to think it's incorrect.  So I relent and click the 'forgotten password' link and the promised code is sent to my mobile phone.  I dutifully type it where requested (yes, paying attention to caps and yes, ensuring I don't include the full stop at the end) and I'm told that it's incorrect.  I try again a few times, have it send me a few more codes and everytime I get a message saying it's not correct. 

Does anyone else get this desperately annoying problem? 

NB - I haven't bothered clicking 'forgotten my email address' because I'm using the one that all my bills are sent to.  I double checked this by trying to register a new account and did receive confirmation that it's already associated with an account.

I'm half expecting to be told I can't be helped here because I'm in the TV/Broadband/Phone account but I clearly can't get help on the Mobile forum, because I can't sign in.

Anyone any ideas?  Please help!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Online mobile account failure

Hi yamuna2,

the problem could be your email address.

Just because you get your bills sent to it doesn't necessarily mean that it's the one used to log into this account.

(I had to create a second email address myself after Virgin's "upgrade").

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos