Menu
megmac1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Online chat not available

I have been trying for over 4 hours to get through to online chat - but nobody is available!!!

I asked for my mobile to be put onto roaming and it is now not working at all. 

Moving to Virgin Mobile was the worst move I could make

0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Online chat not available

Chat is constantly busy judging by comments on here.

Only answer is to ring them. 

0 Kudos
megmac1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

And how do you suggest I do that when I have no phone service as my phone is not working and I am abroad?
0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's a question of beg, steal or borrow a phone, I'm afraid. Someone from Virgin may pick this up, but expect a few days delay

"If you're abroad and roaming isn't working at all for you, the same team will be able to look into it for you. They can be reached on +447953967967. The team can turn this on from their side. Once this has been done, give your phone a hard reboot (popping the battery out of the phone while it's turned on ) to allow the sim a connection refresh."

If you can get to your account on line

."Please click here to log in and follow these steps:-

Online account > Plan and device > Manage services > Going abroad

If it shows it's turned off then please turn it on. You'll need to wait 2-24 hours for this to be successful.

You'd also need to turn off International call barring waiting the same 2-24 hour period. This will then enable the service to be used abroad."

0 Kudos
megmac1
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you that reply is the only useful thing I have seen all day. I've gone on to do that.
I have been without a phone service since I left the Uk on the 14th Feb. Judging by this forum its not surprising that the online chat is busy, but it should be staffed to deal with the customer base. Not everyone can devote 6 hours to getting the glimmer of a solution.
0 Kudos
megmac1
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It wasn't a solution. I changed the setting as suggested. 24 hours have gone by and still no phone service. This company's customer service is appalling.
0 Kudos
megmac1
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Customer services are still unreachable online and I am still without a phone service, in spite of borrowing a phone and calling customer services twice.
0 Kudos
megmac1
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Also why is this coming up as "Solved". It has not been solved the problems still exist.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

HI Megmac1

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I hope you were able to get your data pass sorted. 

You can find some great information on Data Roaming Abroad on [This Page], there are sections at the bottom of the page for how to set it upMan Happy.

I hope this helps
Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
megmac1
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My problem was not data roaming - it was phone calls. I can get phone calls now but the quality is bad. It took so long to get anything from Virgin Mobile that I had to buy a Spanish phone to get important calls. It might have been more useful if you had contacted me direct rather than just putting the above message on this board
0 Kudos