Menu
LizzieB2
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Online Account Password reset

When I click on the password reset link in the reset e-mail it says the link has expired as it is over 24 hours old - but in fact it has only arrived in the last few minutes.  Why is this?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Online Account Password reset

Hi LizzieB2,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're having trouble changing your password via the email link.

There could be an alternative way of getting this reset as I did this for my personal account. I tried to guess the password a few times (3 or 5 I wasn't paying attention). After 'X' amount of attempts I then gave up.

When I followed the 'Forgot Password' link it allowed me to enter an email address and mobile number. I then had a text message with a unique code which you have to enter. It then allows you to change the password straight away.

I'm not sure if this is a new security process as I only saw it yesterday but it worked for me. Have another go, do you get the same as me now?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi LizzieB2,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're having trouble changing your password via the email link.

There could be an alternative way of getting this reset as I did this for my personal account. I tried to guess the password a few times (3 or 5 I wasn't paying attention). After 'X' amount of attempts I then gave up.

When I followed the 'Forgot Password' link it allowed me to enter an email address and mobile number. I then had a text message with a unique code which you have to enter. It then allows you to change the password straight away.

I'm not sure if this is a new security process as I only saw it yesterday but it worked for me. Have another go, do you get the same as me now?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
LizzieB2
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.  This is what I did successfully

0 Kudos
ecafhsif
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've been trying to change my password for the last 60 minutes, it took an eternity to receive the verify code, about 10 came through one after the other.

I entered the last one correctly I got a tick on the screen the page flickered up loading then nothing happened.

I'm new to virgin mobile I've forgotten my password and getting back into my account in a simple way is proving impossible.

I'm seriously going to switch provider.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi LizzieB2,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm really pleased to hear that's worked for you.

If you need any further help please start another thread.

---

Hi ecafhsif,

Thanks for adding your concerns to this thread. I also extend my apologies to you for the troubles with the site.

Were you using a phone, tablet or PC?

Are you able to try it again on a different device?

Seeing as it worked for LizzieB2 and me then it is worth trying another device to make sure it wasn't a glitch your end.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos