Menu
abshamm
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ombudsman for mobile

Back in 2015 I cancelled my mobile contract and moved overseas.

or at least I thought I did.

its now 2017 and after numerous phone calls telling me there is no record of any of my previous requests, multiple hang ups or reassurances that everything was done now, I have been 'blacklisted' and sent to a debt collection agency.

each time i ring they tell me it's all resolved. Since this is the only method of contact and each time is unsuccessful, is there an ombudsman that can help me? 

Im at my wits end and the letters are frightening my elderly aunt as they seem to have forwarded them to her address.

please help!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ombudsman for mobile

Hi abshamm

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with your account cancellation.

It's a few days since you posted your message - have you been able to get this sorted out now?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
abshamm
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark,

'Fraid not. No replies yet. I dont really know what to do next because all my searches suggest there is no ombudsman for Virgin Mobile......

Abs
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Abs

There's an older document I found for our complaint with information regarding independent adjudication at the bottom, you can find that by [clicking here]

As for the issue itself, I'm so sorry to learn that you're having trouble discussing this with us. Visit our [contact us] page by clicking that link and select the 'Something Else' option at the bottom. You'll see an option to make a complaint there, which will ensure a member of the team gets in touch with you to discuss this issue.

Apologies again for the inconvenience this is causing, we'd love to hear how you get on.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos