Menu
Jacspara
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Old sim card

Hi, I bought a sim for my daughter months ago, she didn't use it but it was activated, I wanted to use the phone but needed to keep me old number so had to get a new sim, Just after the New Year The new sim came and I went to the Virgin media store for them to change it for me and to see if the old sim would be cancelled, The guy assured me it would be automatically be cancelled as he had the old sim in the shop with him so off I went, I'm still paying for the old sim as well as the new one now, Even after phoning up the Virgin help line, Who also assured me they would sort it within the week, That was a fortnight ago. My question is, How do I get them to cancel the sim and monthly payment as I don't even have the sim any more and they can see there's no activity on the account anyway??, I'm literally paying for something I don't have and therefore don't use, Please help me, Thank you

0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old sim card

Was it a 30 day rolling SIM or one of the 12 month deals? If the former there should not be a problem.

Call 789 again and choose the option 'Thinking of Leaving." Hopefully that should get you through to someone a bit more clued up.

0 Kudos
Jacspara
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Its a 30 day roller mate and I phoned up 789 to try and clear this up but am still paying the damn thing, This is not a good start after leaving o2, was with them for years without a hiccup, only reason I left them was to get more for the same money, these kind of things really cheese people off, you'd think they would sort out these things quickly to keep people sweet, Never mind, I'll try phoning them again, Thank mate

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jacspara

Sorry to hear about the confusion with the two SIMs and that you ended up with both active on the account.

Have you been able to get this sorted out with the team now?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Jacspara
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No, Its not sorted at all and there's also a huge charge of just over £15 That I have no clue about, So now I'm paying for two mobile numbers instead of one and being charged a huge amount for something I have no idea about, This is supposed to be a £12 sim only deal, I pay £12 pounds a month and that's it, I've tried to Look at the recent usage but it always takes me to a "Oops we're sorry" message so I have no way of seeing what's going on but having my bank account plundered, So far Virgin leaves a LOT to be desired, I think I should have stayed with o2 to be honest. My first bill was £33 instead of £12, I phoned up about it and was told It would be sorted but instead suddenly find myself with another bill of potentially £27+???, This is fascicle at best for a company of Virgins reputation and at worst blatant daylight robbery, I am of course FAR from happy at this stage of the proceedings!!

0 Kudos
Jacspara
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unbelievable!!, Just got another bill in for £25, Will be off down the shop in the morning, I need this sorted NOW!!, This is TOTALLY unacceptable!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jacspara,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that this hasn't been sorted out for you.

I'd like to look into this further for you, but I'll need to take more information first. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos