Menu
SpeechofAntony
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Old SIM deactivated but new 4G SIM not yet activated

Really hoping for some help here. Received our new 4G SIMs (for myself and my wife), and went ahead and text 'READY' to the number stated in the pack to get it activated. It said it could take up to 24hrs, but to pop it in every now and then to check. I tried this and I don't think it was activated as it states 'Emergency calls only' and 'Not registered on network'. Fair enough I thought so I popped my old SIM back in...

...and now my old SIM is stating the same. Is it normal for Virgin to de-activate the old SIM prior to activating the new one? Don't want to activate my wife's SIM until we know the process works.

Any help or advice would be most appreciated.

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Old SIM deactivated but new 4G SIM not yet activated

I wouldn't have taken it out after you had sent the text, I would suggest that you dial 150 from your landline if you have one and take the mobile option.
0 Kudos
SpeechofAntony
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks paperclip,

The instructions in the pack didn't state to leave the new one in, in fact, I'm looking at it now and it certainly reads more like, send the text, and then pop in the new SIM anytime over the next 24hrs to check if its been activated. Wish they would review their explanatory text!

I do have a text back from them thanking me for my request activate my new SIM. It was in my phone for almost 10hours without any signs of activation.

Might pop into their shop in town to see what they say, oh wait...'You'll have to phone...'

0 Kudos
Dal
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I clicked activate on my phone login page.  I can make calls ok but I don't seem to have 4g yet!

0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Activating through the login page might take the 4G a little longer to activate fully. I was told either texting or calling in were the fastest methods.

Mine showed 4G right away because my refresh date had already taken place.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi SpeechofAntony, 

Has your sim activated yet? If not I can look into this for you and if needs be I can activate it from your account.

@Dal the 4G on your account will activate on your next refresh date, to find out when your refresh date is you can check your online account or you can call us on 789 and we can check this against your account for you if you like. 

I hope this helps guys, please get back to me and let me know, 

Take care, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos
bucephalus
Dialled in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Also, you have to fully restart your handset once the activation has completed to log on to the network with the new sim

0 Kudos
SpeechofAntony
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kelly,

I did get my SIM sorted (I had to go into one of your shops). They diagnosed a faulty SIM, so tried it with a new work and got it to work eventually. However, when I tried to activate the SIM on my other number ending 043 (used by my wife, I again texted the activation but after a day or so she got an email saying activation had failed. Looks like I'm heading back to one of your shops again....unless you can try/check anything?

Appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi SpeechofAntony

I can take a look at this for you if you like.

Shortly I will send you a PM with some details, you can access this by clicking on the envelope icon in the top right hand corner.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks

Liam_T
Forum Team

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos