Menu
B0ldr1k
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Old Phone

Good Morning all,

I have just upgraded my iPhone and kept my old number, (all up and running on the new phone) and now want to pass my old phone to my wife as it has the 'speak' feature for text message etc. When I was upgrading I asked about using the old phone and the 'Chat' people gave some advice re that, of which it was suggested I use it as a backup phone. I don't need that but it would be helpful to my wife if we have the same operating system on out phones. (we are both pensioners!)

So my question is this, can we get the sim out of her PAYG phone which is on Tesco or is my old iPhone locked to Virgin?

Any advice or pointers would most welcome.

Cheers 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Old Phone

Hi B0ldr1k,

first I would say if your wife's Tesco SIM fits in your old iPhone, try it.

Having said that you will most likely find that it is locked to the Virgin mobile network.

You'll need to call customer services on 789 from your Virgin mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone and ask them for an unlock code.

There is a charge of £15.32.

(Or ask your wife if she would consider changing to the Virgin network) Smiley LOL

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Old Phone

Hi B0ldr1k,

first I would say if your wife's Tesco SIM fits in your old iPhone, try it.

Having said that you will most likely find that it is locked to the Virgin mobile network.

You'll need to call customer services on 789 from your Virgin mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone and ask them for an unlock code.

There is a charge of £15.32.

(Or ask your wife if she would consider changing to the Virgin network) Smiley LOL

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.