Menu
austin1965
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Offers Are Never Available to Existing Customers...

I would like to know, as a long-time loyal customer of Virgin Media, who is currently spending over £110 per month (£1300 per annum), why every time offers become available, I can't take it up, without having to first buy out my existing contract?
I recently received an email regarding LG Spirit and LG G Pad offer. When I phoned up about it, I was told I would first have to buy out the remainder of my contract. WHY???
Why is it impossible for Virgin Media to just re-negotiate?

My partner and I would love a Tablet. It would be very useful for my work too. But it seems to me, that as a long serving customer, I constantly get penalised and unfairly treated for my loyalty.

Why can't my partner and I just upgrade, without having to pay a penalty???
It seems totally unfair that we can't take advantage of most offers that become available, due to an existing contract. Where is the incentive for us to carry on VM and it's products? This company has made thousands upon thousands of pounds from me over the years!!!
How is it fair that I can't take advantage of a new 'free' Tablet, until my contract expires in January 2017?

Other companies allow their clients to upgrade when these offers become available, so why not Virgin???
0 Kudos
cruising
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Offers Are Never Available to Existing Customers...

Loyalty counts for nothing..not only with VM but with other companies too.

Just a suggestion though. You could try this..... ring 150 and go for the option "thinking of leaving". Tell them how unfair you think it all is and you are considering leaving even if you have to pay a penalty.

This may well give you a bit of a negotiating position.

So many customers are fed up with the way they are being treated ( eg paying extra for football they dont want ) that VM are desperate for customers not to leave. This gives you a chance to maybe push for a little extra.  Worth a try...it has worked for many frustrated people ready to move on to a rival company. Good luck.

0 Kudos
pssedoffatvm333
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You are being ripped off.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

austin1965 wrote:

If you have time still running before a minimum term expires, you're not really entitled to be upset about other people's deals. Why would you think you are eligible for upgrade without penalty. You may have either or both of:

• a handset with the cost spread out over 24 months
  • a service deal at a special price because you committed to a minimum term

You don't get to upgrade yet because virgin would make a loss on your deal. I'm sure non-loyal* customers like me don't want to be subsidising your cheap tablet because you got bored of your current device.

* I've been with Virgin Mobile since 2007 (and cable since it was NTL) - but I'm not a loyal customer because if a significantly better deal came along, I'd jump ship immediately.

grahamking
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

On the bright side, going by another post I saw about their LG tablet not switching on, you're probably not missing much!Smiley Surprised  Probably better to get a Hudl 2 or something.

I'd be very surprised if other mobile networks really let you chop and change your contract whenever they bring out a new offer?  In all fairness, existing customers are being given the same offer as new ones with the LG phone/tablet - anyone can buy it, and whether you're new or existing, there's still going to be the same cost implications if you already have an existing mobile contract that you want to leave early.

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

austin1965 wrote:
I would like to know, as a long-time loyal customer of Virgin Media, who is currently spending over £110 per month (£1300 per annum), why every time offers become available, I can't take it up, without having to first buy out my existing contract?

[SEPH]: What is all this "loyal" concept?  You are not really loyal. it just creeps in whenever existing customers want to bleat about new customer deals.  It suits you to be a VM customer because of the service they provide.  VM need to make a profit from you so their method is to provide a service that will keep you there.  Plus you signed/agreed your current contract.  Surely you need to abide by that?

I recently received an email regarding LG Spirit and LG G Pad offer. When I phoned up about it, I was told I would first have to buy out the remainder of my contract. WHY???
Why is it impossible for Virgin Media to just re-negotiate?

My partner and I would love a Tablet. It would be very useful for my work too. But it seems to me, that as a long serving customer, I constantly get penalised and unfairly treated for my loyalty.

[SEPH]: Utter tosh.  How can it be unfair treatment when you have  a contractual obligation to meet.  What you are demanding is unfair to VM.   Just go into John Lewis and buy a flipping Tablet. Or from en ebay seller. 

It seems totally unfair that we can't take advantage of most offers that become available, due to an existing contract. Where is the incentive for us to carry on VM and it's products? This company has made thousands upon thousands of pounds from me over the years!!!
How is it fair that I can't take advantage of a new 'free' Tablet, until my contract expires in January 2017?
[SEPH]: As said above, it's totally fair.  You signed an agreement and if you've been with VM for years, you know all about the way VM's offers systems work. 

Other companies allow their clients to upgrade when these offers become available, so why not Virgin???
[SEPH]: What upgrade at VM do you have in mind?  You can upgrade your circuit, your TV and so in in mid-contract if you're not on the top tiers already.  What you want is something for nothing from VM - which commercial madness from their point of view. 

Sorry - you're not going to like my response above!

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

grahamking wrote:

On the bright side, going by another post I saw about their LG tablet not switching on, you're probably not missing much!:smileysurprised:  Probably better to get a Hudl 2 or something.

I'd be very surprised if other mobile networks really let you chop and change your contract whenever they bring out a new offer?  In all fairness, existing customers are being given the same offer as new ones with the LG phone/tablet - anyone can buy it, and whether you're new or existing, there's still going to be the same cost implications if you already have an existing mobile contract that you want to leave early.

Good point.  If VM are giving a table away free, it's obviously cheaper than the discount they might apply to their own services!  And if it's cheaper, it may be a disappointment when received.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos