Menu
invertebrate
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Obtaining case notes

I need to obtain my Virgin Mobile notes for a complaint letter I'm looking to write. I've been advised to write to an address in Swansea to request them and that it'll cost £10 to do so. Thing is, how do I verify by letter that I'm the account holder and have the authority to request the notes? I'm not going to write my password or anything in a letter so I'm a bit confused. Also, how do I pay the ridiculous admin charge? Cheque? Cash? Does it come off the bill? No-one I've spoken to at Virgin seems able to answer these questions. Help!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Obtaining case notes

Hi Invertebrate,

Thank you for coming back and posting about the data request on your account.

I can confirm that this is indeed free of charge, and that for security purposes, we're only able to send this to the address linked on to your account. These notes consist of only the conversation log between yourself and our agents.

I hope this has shed some light on the situation and just out of curiosity, is it something that I can help you with?

Take care and all the best.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

There is a legal obligation for ALL companies to supply an unaltered complete copy of any info help about you by them.

then are able to make an "appropriate charge" to cover the work involved and must supply the info within 42 days of receipt of a letter requesting this.

Virgin in the past did charge this, but may not choose to do so

This info should help others in your situation

invertebrate
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response. Thanks also for confirming that it's free of charge to get my case notes. J0hn says, I realise it's a legal obligation to provide them but I was already a bit snarky about having to go to the unnecessary time and expense of sending a letter to request them (this is 2016 and you can't use email?!) so the £10 charge on top was frustrating. But thanks for confirming that there won't be a charge.

I don't think there's much you can help with in regards to the case itself but if you could confirm how I prove I'm the account holder by letter I'd be grateful. Is it just a case of they will only send case notes to the account holding address so it's deemed safe? If this is the case, why is it an issue to email them to the account holding email address? I ask this because I was told that the reason you send notes by mail is because it's 'safer'. I genuinely don't understand why!

Thanks again for the assistance.

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I don't work for virgin, when I did that was not within my tastings sadly, I suspect full details
Name address post code, phone number and name of bank and branch it's at, would be enough
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Invertebrate Smiley Happy

I'm glad I've been able to put some worry at rest in according to charge for the case notes. As to the reason why we mail them to the address the services are registered to, I would imagine that this is simply a process we have in place, either because it is a security risk over email or a method we've always used.

I hope that you receive the details soon and can progress with what you're aiming for Smiley Happy

Take care.

Ben

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi J0hn,

Thank you for helping out here and posting back to a new Community member.

I would like to mention that the conversation would not be altered in any way, however the ful names in the conversation may be not be shown to protect agents under the same Data Protection Act. There would certainly be employment numbers that would directly reference the individuals that are interacting with a customer. If this were to be taken to a meeting of an establishment worthy of dealing with such issues, names may then be revealed. It's not a massive surprise but just to let anyone know what to expect Smiley Happy

Thank you again and take care.

Ben

0 Kudos
invertebrate
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I wrote the letter to the relevant department on 11th July requesting the notes and am yet to receive a response. How can I chase this up?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Try pm'ing a mod and ask them.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi invertebrate,

What department and address did you send your request to? Once data protection has been cleared with the account holder for this request, it can take up to 40 days for your request to be processed.

Thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos