Menu
clarbylou
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

ORDERED A PHONE AND NO RESPONSE

I ordered a phone online on Tuesday and was told on the email someone would be in touch with me within 48 hrs.  On that same email I was also told the delivery would be on Thursday (yesterday) and nothing has happened.  No-one has been in touch and no phone was delivered.  

I telephoned yesterday to speak to a gentleman who was more concerned about whether phoning me back was going to interfere with his lunch break or not than fixing my problem !!  He assured me he would call back yesterday by close of business, to which I said if it was not sorted I was sourcing my phone from elsewhere.

No call back, as I expected.  Still cant get onto my so-called account. Have tried all morning to find an email address to cancel, as due to me being true to my word I have sourced the phone/contract elsewhere.  Actually have no order number as there isn't one on the welcome email.

To be honest I'm in 2 minds whether this is a fraud operation (I was made to give me bank and card details even though there was no upfront cost) or whether so-called Virgin Mobile is going under and not told anyone !!   

I have seen posts on this forum from a few weeks ago with hundreds of people having the same problem as me so clearly this has been going on for some time.

Ultimately I want to tell Virgin Mobile I am cancelling the order, even though I think there is a slim chance if not any chance at all that the phone/contract are going to materialise.  However I want to do this in writing and there are NO email addresses on the website, NOT EVEN ONE !! 

So, if anyone on this forum actually has an email address for this ridiculous pathetic excuse for a company please share it.  I would be very grateful.

many thanks  

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: ORDERED A PHONE AND NO RESPONSE

No email address and you are now a member of a not so exclusive club (nearly 100 members) to whom this has happened. Just search 'Technical Glitch' and see what happens!  

You can try ringing 789 from a Virgin mobile or 0345 6000 789 from another phone, but now there are reports of system failures.

Not much help, but probably more sympathy from me than from Virgin

clarbylou
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: ORDERED A PHONE AND NO RESPONSE

Thanks I agree, am thinking I'll need to phone after all   Smiley Surprised(

0 Kudos