Menu
rorym84
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

OK Virgin... You win!

What an experience I've had with Virgin Mobile!  I have to say Virgin, you've done it - I give in, your sheer incompetence is astounding!  I ordered 3 contracts with Virgin last year, one for myself, my partner and one for my daughter.  I received the handsets no problem.

I was drawn in as I have TV, Phone & BB and they offered a good deal but within days I realised that I had made a mistake, the network coverage wasn't bad apart from internet which was and still is terrible despite having a full signal.

I contacted VM within days to report the problem, nothing was done, well the call centre said a ticket had been opened with technicial support and I would hear back, after many calls and no call backs I called VM 3 weeks later who said there was no network issue so all they could do would be to send us all replacement sim cards, they did this there was no change.  Next they wanted us to send all three mobile phones in for repair - no point in sending them in for repair as they are all different handsets so the chances of them all being faulty is near on impossible - it has to be a network problem!

So when I refused to send them back in they said there was nothing else they could do, by this time I had already spent hours and hours on the phone to tech support resetting the internet setting etc...I then asked that the contracts be cancelled so we could find a provider who could provide a full service.  VM's response to that is that as it was outside of the 14 day cooling off period I would be liable for the remaining term on the contract.

I had a number of phone calls with their call centres across the world disputing the early termination charges and whenever I diagreed they would raise their voices and then the call would disconnect - this happened about 4 times in two days!

Frustrated with the situation, I signed up for some pay monthly sims with Three, popped them into the phones and all 3 phones worked perfectly, 4G coverage, calls, texts and internet which confirms what I suspected, a network issue.

So myself and my daughter went over to Three, my partner stuck with VM as she works from home and we have a good wifi connection so having a terrible internet connection didn't really bother her.

Don't get me wrong, you get an internet connection but it is awfully slow - 20 mins to install an app on an android device!  Other times the connection drops and you get nothing.  Bearing in mind we have full signals, something wasn't right.

My daughter and I have been very happy with Three (whilst still paying for the contracts with VM) which isn't fair at all as VM have not been providing the service that I have been paying for.

My partner then found out she was pregnant so we all decided to tighten our belts to save for the new addition and port the two numbers over to Virgin and start using the services which I have been paying for and hoping it would work.

My daughters port went ok, all ported over on the Friday as agreed, mine however, was late and didn't happen till the Monday, not happy...

Read my post 'porting nightmare', I had advisors hanging up on me and trnasferring me back to the main menu - just terrible, anyway I am now back with Virgin!

Biggest mistake ever, no improvements to the internet on the phones, I have spent days on the phone going through the usual to be told we need new sim cards as they can see ours are out of date??  Out of date, VM only sent them the week before - everything works apart from internet which is very very slow at best.

At this point, I decided I wanted out - they have not provided a service so I wasn't going to keep paying for the service so I asked for my PAC codes for all 3 contracts.  I have been told I will have to call back tomorrow as cancellations is not open and nobody can help, I then asked for a manager and.... wait for it, was put through to the main menu again and placed on hold for an advisor...

I am sure somewhere in the OFCOM guidelines it states that the PAC's must be provided on request?  Can anyone shed any light on this?  I am at my wits end with VM.

I will not be ripped off by VM any longer.  I am also out of contract with Virgin Media for the TV / Phone and BB so will be calling Sky first thing tomorrow for their services.  I no longer want anything at all to do with virgin.  

So that's £1600+ a year that will go to companies that know how to treat customers and I will also be sending a letter to VM Head Office, not that I expect a reply Smiley Happy

I hope people read this and understand what they are letting themselves into!

Helpful Answers
Freck
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: OK Virgin... You win!

I do now having just gone through a very similar experience in fact almost word for apart from having a new phone. It seems VM try to blame anything apart from themselves. I would definitely join a forum and do more research on customer satisfaction before I move anywhere again. It is a pity that it is obvious VM are not learning from any of this.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

rorym84 wrote:

I am sure somewhere in the OFCOM guidelines it states that the PAC's must be provided on request?  Can anyone shed any light on this?  I am at my wits end with VM.

http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/telephone/refuse_PAC

They have to provide it verbally during the phone call where you ask for it, or by text within two hours.

There are only a small number of reasons where Virgin may not provide you with the code. Even if you're still within contract and have told them you're going to stop paying, they still have to give you a PAC on demand.

A technical problem is a reasonable excuse for being unable to provide you with a PAC. If you took this to CISAS for arbitration (note - not OFCOM), you'd lose if Virgin could prove they weren't issuing anyone with PACs because of a fault. You'd win if someone you knew who was out-of-contract asked for a PAC and got it.

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I thought I read somewhere in guidelines when I a doing my homework to leave Orange to come to VM that they are allowed up to 1day to get your PAC to you.

I was surprised when Orange gave me it verbally during the phone call to them..

0 Kudos
Freck
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I do now having just gone through a very similar experience in fact almost word for apart from having a new phone. It seems VM try to blame anything apart from themselves. I would definitely join a forum and do more research on customer satisfaction before I move anywhere again. It is a pity that it is obvious VM are not learning from any of this.
Freck
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They have to give it to you on the phone or by text within 2 hours. That is of course if they are able to generate one!
0 Kudos
rorym84
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Called virgin today and nice UK based operator gave me pac codes for all three contracts, bonus!

Taken the kids to Great Yarmouth for the day and guess what I can't connect to my business emails as Internet isn't working! Not working on my other halfs iphone neither...

Yet I had a back up plan, PAYG Three sim and I'm online, now VM tell me it's my phone?

Will be calling three tonight to get back on pay monthly. Smiley Happy