Menu
kvwillis
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Number porting

I have just changed networks from Orange/ EE to Virgin and phoned Virgin up on Tuesday with my PAC code to transfer my old number over to Virgin. I received a text the next day to say that Virgin was 'all done' with porting my old number but the new Virgin phone number attached to the SIM is still displaying on my phone. My online Virgin account shows my old number that I want the phone to be transferred to but when I try phoning it it is engaged. I phoned customer services at Virgin yesterday and the lady said it should go through by midnight but nothing has changed! I know I only requested the changeover 2 days ago but it does say on the website the transfer should take 1 working day and we are past that now! I am planning to wait until this evening and then phone Virgin again to ask what is going on. It's just inconvenient when I just want my old number back! Any ideas on how much longer this will take? Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Number porting

Judging by the number of posts on here Virgin have serious problems with number porting. Often it is the port only going partially through, leading to no service for some time, in extreme cases days, if not weeks.

Keep at them is all I can suggest

All Replies
enlli
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Judging by the number of posts on here Virgin have serious problems with number porting. Often it is the port only going partially through, leading to no service for some time, in extreme cases days, if not weeks.

Keep at them is all I can suggest

kvwillis
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks! I will phone them later and will probably end up phoning them daily to make them get it done! Seems like it might be the only way to get it sorted!

0 Kudos
Fant0mas
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there- I joined Virgin last Friday- had porting issues ever since. Called daily- all I get is standard: " give it 24 hours". I have escalated the case to a manager, who said he would raise a complaint as well on my behalf. I have been told that fault could be resolved by Monday. I'm not holding my breath! I will be calling tomorrow to see if I can get an update. Good luck to you!
0 Kudos
kvwillis
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi! Got phoned back by someone from Virgin yesterday who told me there has been a fault from the Orange/EE side when they transferred the number over. Going to ring back next week and try and get them to chase EE up. Really want this sorted now. Using the temporary number from Virgin so at least I do have a working number but I want my old number back. Can't see this being solved very soon!

0 Kudos
Fant0mas
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there! Yeah- called Virgin today AGAIN for update and they told me they were hopeful for the fault to be fixed next Monday/ Tuesday, but couldn't guarantee. I ported my old mob number in from O2- so as you came from Orange/EE, it makes me think that perhaps it is something with Virgin? What are the chances of 2 other mobile companies both having porting issues with Virgin at the same time? At least you got a call back- I haven't so far! Anyway- I'm using temp mobile number too - but I want my old number back as well! Hope you get sorted soon!
0 Kudos
kvwillis
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Haha it does sound a bit weird that they have had issues with two huge networks and none of it is supposedly Virgin's fault! I will phone next Tuesday I think and ask for it to be pushed through. Hope you get sorted too!

0 Kudos
ohcomeonnow
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have just last week tried to bring my number over to virgin, they told me it would be done the next day, but it wasn't. So we went in to the shop to try an sort it out as i couldn't work, because I could receive phone calls. They tried for a long time to get it to work, made lots of phone calls, to no avail. Finally we decided to try another sim and port the number on to that sim. Now we are still waiting and are being told next Monday they HOPE it will be sorted. So that's the  9th Aug to the 21st Aug so far with no service on my mobile. They have offered some compensation, but really, come on what is the problem it never used to be like this to change your number. They should be honest and say it's gonna take 2 week for your number to be changed, we are having problems. at least then you can make arrangements. Seriously considering cancelling the contract.

0 Kudos