Menu
kkc55
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Number porting problem

On 4 August I contacted CS and asked them to arrange transfer of my number from Orange to Virgin. Even though the correct number is shown when I log into my account it has not worked and a quick read through this forum shows I am far from alone with this problem. Other customers seem to have been waiting longer.

Call centre staff are unfailingly polite but I have reached a point where I don't know what more I can do to chase it up.  They tell me it's an EE issue as it's their network but, other than contact them and wait for them to sort it out (with no timescale), it seems Virgin have no clout when it comes to escalating it - this seems hard to believe.

Has anyone had any luck escalating this to get things moving or is it really a case of just sitting and waiting?

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number porting problem

Ofcom say it's a Virgin issue to resolve, call 789 choose the tech option ask for escalation and a reference number for that, don't be fobbed off

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi kkc55,

Welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you have experienced an problem with porting your number over to your Virgin Mobile.

Has this been sorted out for you? If you are still waiting for information on the number port problem, please let me know and I can check this for you. I'll need to verify your details first, so I'll send you a private message. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this screen.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi kkc55,

I'm checking back with you about the issue you reported with your Virgin Mobile service, as I haven't received a response from you yet.
If you are still having problems with this and would like for me to look into this for you, please let me know.
Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos