Menu
Vicky_h
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Number porting nightmare!!

Ok, so I decided to move to Virgin mobile, my number was due to port on 13th July 2016 & a week later, I still don't have a usable number.
I cant receive calls & can't send or receive texts. iMessages also doesn't work as my 'number can't be activated'.
I have called customer service daily for a week now & keep getting told that it 'will definitely be done in 24-48 hours'. This isn't good enough! I am losing business as this number is my business number - I was told 24 hours & it has now been a week. Customer service is pretty much useless as I get fobbed of every time (I can call 789 from my phone).
Can someone get this sorted out for me & arrange for me to be compensated (as I've now been promised on 3 separate occasions?).
And yes, my phone is unlocked, yes, it works perfectly with other SIM cards, yes, I've performed numerous network resets & hard reboots. The problem is Virgin Mobile, not my phone!
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number porting nightmare!!

Sorry to say this is mainly a self help forum, I would continue to keep calling 789.

From the posts there seems to be an issue related to porting Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Vicky_h
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've continued calling & have now emailed the CEO, Tom Mockridge, after being told an hour ago, via email that it will be another 5 working days. I've also cancelled my direct debit & opened a complaint, for what it's worth.

Oh & the best bit? I can't get a PAC code or close my account & take my number elsewhere, because they haven't ported it in correctly. Genius!

To say I'm not impressed is an under statement!

0 Kudos
L_C
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Has this been sorted out for you now? I'm having issues as well. They are now sending me a new sim, but with my old number on it, to see if that will work. Am very concerned right now as it's been ongoing a week already.

0 Kudos
Vicky_h
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,<br>My number finally started working about 4pm on Friday 22nd. They cut my number off again on Monday because I had cancelled my DD as I refused to pay for a service I hadn't received. I'd been assured by 2 customer services people that my number would not be affected due to the circumstances. Anyway, it's back up now &amp; I was given 'compensation' equivalent to 4 months line rental.<br>I'd be wary of anything you are told by the offshore customer services team - you are better off speaking to someone in the UK. I was given a tip by one of the customer services people at the Sheffield call centre, call before 5pm &amp; go through the menu &amp; select the option saying you're thinking of leaving them &amp; you should get someone in the UK.<br>My issue lasted 1.5 weeks &amp; was finally resolved by me emailing the CEO, Tom Mockridge (it won't let me post his email address, but google him & you'll find it!) with my complaint. I was never offered a new sim &amp; I don't see how that would work as the issue (for me anyway) was with the routing of my number so a new sim wouldn't resolve that. Very very frustrating situation - hope yours gets sorted very soon.
0 Kudos
L_C
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that. I don't have confidence that the new sim will do the trick either, but I'll give it a go and then use your 5pm tip! Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi L_C,

Sorry to hear that you have had such a poor experience getting your number ported over. Has this been sorted out for you now?

Please let me know, so that if you are still experiencing problems I can look into this further for you. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos