Menu
Paulmac76
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Number porting issue

Hi

I ported my number from Orange/EE and was sent a text saying the port was complete , my old sim stopped working but now when anyone calls my number they get an engaged tone constantly. The correct number shows in my account online.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Number porting issue

Hi Paulmac76,

Did you manage to give us a call to get this all sorted?

Please let me know if there's anything that you need from me Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

All Replies
Jes1
Dialled in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

What day was the port due to happen? If it was today, I wouldn't stress tooooo much as it can take a while for it to all sort itself out. The engaged tone isn't uncommon during porting.

In all honesty though, I would give Virgin a call on this occasion if you can - you'll get it sorted much more quickly. 0345 6000 789.

Edit, if you have no phone, try a live chat. Go here > select "mobile" > Select "mobile not working" > Click "chat online"

0 Kudos
Paulmac76
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Jes1

Got the text at 19.30 last night to say port was complete, as of now 17.00 still getting engaged tone, will give them a call tomorrow if it's still the same.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Paulmac76,

Did you manage to give us a call to get this all sorted?

Please let me know if there's anything that you need from me Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

Paulmac76
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat_H

No still not sorted called on Friday to be told it would be working by Saturday, still nothing. Had to call yesterday again but still nothing, anything you can do to help as I'm getting nowhere with the calls, and it's the number I use for my business so also losing money.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Paulmac76
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat_H

Still not sorted, two more calls made today and still no further forward. Still can't receive calls or text, temp virgin number still showing when I call out even though I'm told number port complete?

Thanks
0 Kudos
szaman81
Up to speed
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I ported my number from t-mobile on Monday 14th without any problems, request was sent through on Saturday 12th.

Hope this gets sorted soon.

0 Kudos
MattMatt85
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paulmac76,

If it makes you feel any better,  you're not alone in your woes!  I've the same issue & 'symptoms' having requested two numbers be ported from Orange,  now over a week ago! The latest I've heard on the matter is that I need a response from the number porting team (now that my issue had been raised to a manager's attention) hopefully tomorrow morning;  otherwise I'll be calling them direct in the afternoon!

Unfortunately for folks who also work and can't make/take 'private' calls during the workday,  the number porting team are only available 08:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday. 
I wish you luck in getting a speedy resolution! 

All the best, 

[Edited to remove internal phone number]

0 Kudos
Paulmac76
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi MattMatt85

Sorry to hear you're in the same situation, I know how frustrating it is. My case has been with the porting team since yesterday, as of this morning I'm no further forward. Claire from VM, who has been very helpful is due to call me today. Fingers crossed for both of us.

All the best
MattMatt85
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

To be fair, everyone I've spoken to over the past week, calling on 789 or using the livechat service, have been great. Can't fault them, it's just a shame that their resources are limited as to being able to get a resolution to the issue!
Here's hoping for progress today for both of us Smiley Happy Keep us posted with how you get on & I'll do the same if I get any further.
All the best,
Matt