Menu
nasirtaj25
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Number port gone wrong!

I recently got a second mobile virgin sim and transferred my number over from Vodafone. Virgin have successfully managed to mess up the transfer and have ported the Vodafone number onto my original sim, Can this process be reversed? No confidence in the call centre what so ever.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number port gone wrong!

Hi nasirtaj25

Welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear that the number port was completed on the wrong number.

Unfortunately a number port cannot be reversed for technical reasons.

Depending on the status of the number that it's been ported on to, you may be able to port out and port back in to Virgin Mobile in order to get the number on the correct SIM.

Please let me know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
nasirtaj25
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark

I spoke to someone in the UK call centre and was told the port cannot be reversed and my number is now lost in some cyber space and was offered compensation. The previous night the call centre abroad had also logged my request to tech support when I had called them and was told it could not be retrieved. I text everyone my new number, two days later without any notification my old number re-appeared and the new number had been replaced.

There was no explanation on how this was achieved but I'm glad as I got my old number back and compensation. It looks like it can be done, just a case of can they be bothered to do it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
szaman81
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How much compensation did you get?

0 Kudos
nasirtaj25
Joining in
Message 5 of 5