Menu
johnnysparks
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Number on bill changed from 07 to 44?

There is a certain number on my bill that I use a lot but when I check my bill it sometimes changes from 077 to 4477 and then charging me 0.15p per text as a premium text. I have checked the number to make sure it is in my phone book correctly which it is. This is happening a lot. Anyone else had this problem? Or know how to sort it. At the moment the cost of texts is more then my bill. Virgin, can you sort this??
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Number on bill changed from 07 to 44?

They probably started work 13 minutes ago, hopefully someone will be here soon with an answer but be patient, it'll be worth the wait!

So much better than trying to explain this over the phone! haha.

---------

I'll always try my best to help, although my advice may not always lead to a solution. Take it as you wish, I just like to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos

All Replies
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

+44 is just the country code for the UK and does not affect prices, whether dialling 077 or +4477..

If you're being billed for this as a premium text, then I'd question it too..

What I suggest is holding tight here for a couple days, let the forum team catch up with you and they'll help you figure this out and come to a resolution.

---------

I'll always try my best to help, although my advice may not always lead to a solution. Take it as you wish, I just like to help Smiley Happy
johnnysparks
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That's what I thought.
Thanks for the reply
0 Kudos
johnnysparks
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Any virgin techs around who could assist ??
0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

They probably started work 13 minutes ago, hopefully someone will be here soon with an answer but be patient, it'll be worth the wait!

So much better than trying to explain this over the phone! haha.

---------

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnnysparks,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you've been charged for this. There may be something we need to address on our side.

Please give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll get on the case.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
johnnysparks
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have now done this twice and have got to phone them again. They do refund me the money but don't appear to be doing anything about sorting the problem out. I am also being changed for a number that is a new number and is not mapped on your system.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

We're aware of these issues Johnnysparks and I'm sorry for any trouble caused on our part regarding this.

Thanks for your patience while we fix this.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
gadickson
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting the same problem on my daughter's phone. I have had to call VM for the second month in a row to get these charges removed, which they do with no quibbling. It would have been so easy to have missed these charges.

I see that there are a few texts her recent usage being charged as premium, but I have been promised that these will be removed before the next bill.

We'll see.

0 Kudos
Yardstick
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Is it an ee phone your texting? If so it's a known problem and going on for at least three months. I've had to call customer services the last two months to query my daughter's bill. You do get refunded but there is no time given for this to be resolved. I suggest checking your bill and amount taken for the next few months.
0 Kudos