Menu
SickOfnigriV
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Number from which Allowance Text Messages are sent

Hi, I'm new to this sort of thing but failure to get an answer from customer service has forced me to resort to desperation :-(

I recieve notification text messages every month when my allowance is refreshed I "DO" want to continue to recieve these messages but I am unable to identify the number from which they are sent.  What I want to do is save the details in my contacts and change the message tone to silent just for text messages from that number. as usual Customer Service was no use AT ALL.

Can anyone here provide me with the number please or any other solution to the problem would be gratefully welcome.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number from which Allowance Text Messages are sent

Hi SickOfnigriV,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with identifying the Virgin Media number that sends your mobile notifications.

The notifications are sent via a provider short code, so you won't see a number, it shows up a Virgin Media. We aren't able to provide you with the number, sorry.

If you're using an iPhone you should be able to click on the silhouette at the top of the message to add to contacts, then you can add a ring tone to the contact. Unfortunately, on Android phones, the contact can't be added--I've tried on a Samsung S6 and a Sony Xperia.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos