Menu
MartinT
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Nuisance calll not recorded

I just got an unwanted sales call on my mobile. Afterwards I found that the call had not been recorded, not even as a call from (unknown) How is this possible? Have the spammers found some way to bypass the usual workings of my phone?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Nuisance calll not recorded

i.e. call not logged on handset.

Not sure it's something that can be dealt with on here. It sounds to me like the handset's phone app can't handle the logging of CallerID tags containing spurious characters. You will probably get a better answer on a forum specific to HTC or the Android Forum

0 Kudos

All Replies
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes and AFAIK on later vision of Android some functions of call blockers do not work like TXT side unless you get one of the newest apps but you need to replace the default TXT App with theirs.

I want to know is "Withheld" the same as "Unknown" and want to be able to block "international calls" and "no number" calls like that fancy BT landline can do (not even my Siemens landline phone can do that).

0 Kudos
MartinT
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is there really nobody working for Virgin who can answer this?

0 Kudos
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Its a big problem on all networks and needs to be tackled, The suspicion is though its the mobile networks themselves who are passing on your number for a profit this would not surprise me, At this time there is little you can do other than ring the network up and in the end only a change of number will be the result 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi MartinT,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're receiving unwanted sales calls and also unable to record them.

What handset do you have?

Are you using a third party recording app?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
MartinT
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My handset is an HTC Wildfire S  A510e

When I said that the call had not been recorded I mean that after the phone call ended I looked at the record of phone calls on my phone and found that their was no record of anyone calling me.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

i.e. call not logged on handset.

Not sure it's something that can be dealt with on here. It sounds to me like the handset's phone app can't handle the logging of CallerID tags containing spurious characters. You will probably get a better answer on a forum specific to HTC or the Android Forum

0 Kudos
MartinT
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It seems I have made some progress .

I'll try your suggestion, thanks.

0 Kudos