Menu
cje72
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Not told about a new 12-month term?

Last month I 'stepped down' a contract level, as a change of usage meant I was using far less than previously.  I did this via mobile 'My Account', which said that i was allowed to change once per month.  However I now find that I have been entered into a new 12 month contract, which wasn't pointed out at the time.

If this had been pointed out I would never have gone ahead, as we are actually in the process of rationalising all our contracts, and will be moving away from VM by the end of the year (the signal has also deteriorated over the last few months to the level where the phone can't be used in the house).  I've already ordered one new SIM and phone from elsewhere, so why would I choose to sign up for another 12 months?

How can I appeal and reverse the decision?  Shouldn't I have had to agree somewhere to a new minimum term, tick a box etc?  Unfortunately I haven't got the time to spend hours on hold to a call centre, as I work during the day and don't have access to a phone.

0 Kudos
cje72
Tuning in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not told about a new 12-month term?

So today I got through to a nice man called Ryan in the retentions department (only 20 minutes wait too!).  He gave me my PAC code, and explained that my call was the start of a 30-day notice period, after which my contract and all charges would stop, with a final bill being produced - no issue with that.

There was no mention of a remaining term, lock-in period or early disconnection fee (I did double-check the proposed charges etc., whilst on the call), so I guess I just wait until the final bill is produced on Oct 7 and see what that contains.  ('My Account' still talks about a contract term until Aug 2017, but the confirmatory text just says my tariff will be cancelled from Oct 7).

Anybody care to guess what might happen?  Will I pay for 1 month more, or 10 months? Smiley Surprised

Will report back (quite happy to give VM credit if deserved)

(and apologies for replying to my own post)

0 Kudos