Menu
Jewels49
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Not receiving text messages

What is going on with the text service I can receive and send messages though it's very very slow yet my husband can not receive text messages full stop and very very slow to send, this is becoming annoying as can not get activation text etc for important verification needs. I've called 789 and got nowhere just told it's the phone not the service strange as we both have the same phones. Moved over to Virgin mobile less than a month ago ported old providers numbers and nothing but problems beginning to think it's a big mistake.   

0 Kudos
Elliesdad71
Just joined
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not receiving text messages

I received a text message yesterday 3 hours after it was sent but today I know at least 3 people have tried to text me and I have not received any of them. Help please?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jewels49 and Elliesdad71,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a problem with your text messaging service.

If texts are taking some time to register or having problems sending/receiving, there could be signal issues in your area. Did you experience any of these issues with your old handset/SIM?

Are you getting this problem all the time or only when at home or in certain areas? If you are only getting the network issue in a certain area, enter the postcode into the Virgin Mobile Coverage Checker to see how good the signal is supposed to be in your area. Also try the EE service checker to see if there are any known network issues.

We also recommend testing your SIM card in a different handset. If the SIM works fine in another handset, then the problem could be with your mobile.

If you are still having an issue with this, please send a private message to me with your name and mobile number, so that I can look into this further for you.

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
JJ94
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I am also having this problem and contacted virgin and got nowhere as they said there were no issues in my area. The problem is not my phone or the sim because I got a new sim sent. Please can I have this resolved?

Thanks
0 Kudos