Menu
Jack98
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not receiving data usage texts and being charged as an outcome

In October I was overcharged +£22 for overuse of data I had used in the previous month, I was completely surprised as I had never recieved any texts that month like I would usually recieve texts when I have used 75%, 95% and 100% of data. So I thought this was completely unreasonable as in the 18 months or so I've had this contact I have never gone over the limit before due to the texts. I rang up and was told I would recieve a refund and I would recieve the texts again after a long conversation as she had difficulty understanding what I was saying .

After a week or so I had not heard anything so I rang up again and had to start the whole process again as it seemed my phonecall the week before had just been dismissed and I had even more difficulty as she kept telling me that once I recieve the texts I should stop using data ,(which I already knew) this however wasn't the issue the issue was I didn't recieve Yeh texts . She them told me I could only recieve one text a month and I could choose whether it be 75% or 95% of which I didn't understand as I had previously recieved all 3 data usage texts. So after more time trying to make the woman understand me she said she would put this case through to investigation and I would hear back from the, as Virgin never leave these things. So I presumed I would hear back soon enough which I never did , after this I gave up on following the issue as it was taking too much time ,effort and was becoming very frustrating.

However the same thing has happened to me again (I just found out) in my December bill for November (+£4.40)after receiving only a 75% data usage warning and nothing thereafter. Along with being told ive been charged £0.40 for sending a picture message to Canada/USA. When I never send picture messages and do not know anyone living in Canada or America or have visited the countries at this time .

I don't know what to do about these issues, and am very disappointed at the customer services as they have not been able to help at all to resolve them. If you could give me any help it would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not receiving data usage texts and being charged as an outcome

Hi Jack98

Welcome to our community and sorry to hear about the issue with your bill and the notifications you haven't been getting. I'd like to take a closer look at your account so I've sent you a private message which you can view by clicking on the envelope in the top right.

Many regards.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Exact same thing has just happened to me, for the last 6 years Ive had warning texts if i go near limit and this month nothing!  Just been charged £27!

0 Kudos
n3lb3rt0
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

same has happened to me,no text warnings and unable to use data checker app as it kept saying 'unable to connect to server' so now they have suspended my service (3 days now) even though my monthly allowances have been refreshed and I have paid  the sum they say I owed????

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jb66 & n3lb3rt0,

Thanks for posting. Sorry about you not receiving any data limit text alerts. I'm not sure why this was the case, I haven't heard of there being a problem.

I know I've read about some issues with the app but I believe this is working again as I've tested it on my phone and I didn't get an error messages.

As well as the app, you can also monitor your usage via your online account by following these steps:- Log in here > Recent usage.

Let me know if this continues to happen.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos