Menu
Greymon77
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Not getting ALL texts from others.

This is my 2nd attempt to figure out what the problem is. I am not getting all the texts messages that are being sent to me.

I'll send a text, and I might be able to carry on a conversation for a little bit, but after a while I will not get a reply, and when I tell them this via text the texts start up again, it is an intermittent issue.

I have already called support and did a phone ## reset thing. And it seems to be worse now than before.
Example I sent two messages to two different people this morning, around 7:45, waited and got nothing back. When I messaged them about 5 (12:50p.m.) hours later, they both reported that yes they had replied and I did not get them.

Any clues as to why this is happening?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not getting ALL texts from others.

Hi Greymon77

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having receiving text messages.

Could I check if this happens everywhere, or is it when you're in one specific area (such as at home)?

Does your phone have good signal all the time or do you find the signal drops in this area?

Have you had any contacts report issues calling you too, or is it just the texts?

Do you find this happens with all contacts, or is it specific to certain people? Which mobile network(s) are they on?

If you could get back to me with this information, I'll get you some further assistance with this Smiley Happy

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Greymon77
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Could I check if this happens everywhere, or is it when you're in one specific area (such as at home)?

-So far it happens all over, home, car, work.

Does your phone have good signal all the time or do you find the signal drops in this area?

-3G or LTE is usually showing on my signal bar.

Have you had any contacts report issues calling you too, or is it just the texts?

-As far as I can tell if is just the texts.

Do you find this happens with all contacts, or is it specific to certain people? Which mobile network(s) are they on?

-All contacts that I have been texting for the last 2-4 weeks. I know 3 of them all have iPhone's but I do not know their networks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Greymon77

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

One thing I've spotted is you're advising the handset is displaying 'LTE/4G' connectivity.

This isn't currently supported on residential Virgin Mobile services in the UK yet. 

It also looks like you might be accessing our Forums from the US.

Could you confirm you're a UK Virgin Mobile customer?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos