Menu
gregory8391
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not getting 4G

I recently upgraded to a 4G contract but lost my discount which I was not happy about. I have had this a month now and never got a 4G signal. Sometimes I get H+ and other times 3G. If 4G is not available in my area (Stockport), I should have been told when I upgraded. If this cannot be resolved, I will be expecting to cancel my contract without charge or getting my rental fee reduced!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not getting 4G

What phone do you have? 

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
gregory8391
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's a nuu x4 android version 5.1. Advertised as a 4G phone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi gregory8391,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you're having a problem with connecting to 4G. Is this working for you now?

Have you already passed your refresh date since upgrading to 4G? The 4G connection updates on the next refresh date.

If you are still having a problem with this, please let me know and I'll look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
gregory8391
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri

I have supposedly had 4G for over a month now and my last refresh date was 11th March but am only getting H+ at best and sometimes only 3G

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi gregory8391

Thanks for your update.

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues.

Have you ensured that 4G data connectivity is enabled on the handset in the settings? Also, have you switched over to the new 4G SIM we sent when you moved over to a 4G tariff?

I'm not familiar with this phone and I'm having some trouble locating the technical specs - was it built with UK 4G networks in mind? We can't guarantee compatibility with handsets we don't supply and some handsets are only compatible with 4G frequencies in certain territories.

It might be worth checking into the tech specs for your handset to ensure it's compatible with the EE 4G frequency that Virgin Media uses. This is 2600MHz (also known as band 7) for 4G.

You could also test the SIM in another phone (and vice versa) to see if it gets the 4G signals then, just to rule out any provisioning issue on the network side of things.

Please let me know how you get on.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
gregory8391
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Apparently the phone supports bands 5 and 12. Does this mean I cannot get 4G and will have to change to another network?

0 Kudos
enlli
Super solver
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You need band 3 (1800MHz) and Band 7 (2600Mhz) also Band 20 (800MHz) for future use on Virgin, but used on other networks

Basically, you will have to change your phone as Bands 5 and 12 are not used in the UK