Menu
packit0
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Not able to receive calls or SMS (and data is patchy)

I must vent out my frustration... 

This has been going on for days now, at least since Monday 11th May!

On that day, my dad tried to call me the whole day and couldn't get through. By chance someone pinged on viber and alerted me about it: they too could not call me! 

The recording they got was that "the number is not valid or has been disconnected". There are no missed call alerts or anything on my phone about it (it's a Galaxy S4, unlocked).

I can make calls and send txt messages - so there are no problems with outgoing services. This also made me believe there was an issue with the network, so I called 789 on tuesday (12/05/15) afternoon. That was when the fun began...

The first assistant said that he could see that my account was configured to divert everything to voice mail if I didn't pick up a call after the first ring. Now, I did not set it up like that: in fact he also confirmed it was a very strange setting that was NOT defined by the user but rather by the network. He fixed it and after almost a day the changes were activated and I could finally get incoming calls/SMS.

But a few hours later, Wednesday late afternoon (13/05/15), the issue came back: I was expecting a call that day and since it didn't come in I asked a colleague of mine to call me and he too got the "number not valid/disconnected message". Later that day I tried another SIM card on my phone and it worked fine.

Dear Virgin mobile, as you can imagine not being able to receive calls or messages can have a HUGE impact on a business level!!

I called 789 again: this time was told to try this and that, reboot the phone, etc and... nada! Basically, they couldn't explain what was the problem.

By the 3rd time I called them that day (since I was asked to reboot the phone a couple of times) the assistant said the problem was with the SIM card, so a replacement was sent to me.

To my bitter disappointment, when I popped in the new SIM card today it had the same behaviour: no incoming calls or SMS!

I was not surprised though, since I'd already proven the problem was NOT with the SIM card: it was either the phone or the network.

This afternoon I called them from my landline so they had to try harder(!) and eventually put me through to the technical team. After yet another phone reboot (oh, lord!... ) they decided to investigate deeper. I was on hold for about 10 mins, when the assistant came back to tell me that they had reports of subscribers who had migrated from Lycamobile (like me) not being able to receive calls.

I asked when was the problem detected to which the answer was "2 hours ago!". 2 hours ago, Seriously?!

I understand he was trying to sound as if they were on top of things, but that only aggravated my frustration: how is that possible, if I've been on the phone with them for the whole week??! Plus, his own words, other people were also affected by it?! Virgin Mobile are not taking subscribers concerns seriously!

If there's a problem it's understandable, but to say it was only reported on Friday afternoon after customers have been complaining the whole week about is insulting, to say the least!

Not being able to receive calls when everything else is fine (phone, SIM card, credit, etc) is a HUGE problem that should be tackled immediately. Be it by Virgin Mobile, LycaMobile or both!...

But don't tell me it was only "reported" that late on the week!

And to make matters worse, they don't know when it's going to be fixed.

Until then I'm not contactable by phone. My solution is to get a new temporary SIM card, alert dozens of people about it and stick to Whatsapp/Viber when I'm inside (because not even the mobile networks works).

This is an outrage!

I'm missing calls, I'm loosing potential important inputs, my friends and family are getting worried and I have to keep ringing people to get updates about them, work and other relevant things. 

Who's gonna pay for all the calls I'm making and potentially go above my contract credit limit?! what about the new SIM card and extra expense? Plus the hassle!... What a terrible service!

0 Kudos
packit0
Joining in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not able to receive calls or SMS (and data is patchy)

It's unbelievable how Virgin Mobile still didn't sort this out or even provided feedback!!

Do you guys really expect subscribers to just be without receiving calls and texts?!? All whilst paying for the contract?! What's the point in having a mobile phone then?...

0 Kudos
flowerhayden
Settling in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

havin exact same problem

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Both,

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with receiving calls and texts. I want yo get this all sorted for you.

So I can look into what's happened, can you PM me your full postcodes? You can do this by clicking on the image of my face and selecting the private message option on the right hand side.

Let me know once you've sent this off.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Both,

Are you still having issues with this?

Let me know if there's anything I can do.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
packit0
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt,

I received a couple of phone calls this afternoon so that seems to be sorted.

I am however NOT getting SMS! Smiley Frustrated

Also, I did not get any PM...

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Packit0,

I didn't send you a PM regarding this. I asked you to pop one over to me Smiley Happy

I'll respond to your PM once I've run some checks on your area.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
ThisIsDan
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Same problem happening to me too, also ported in from a lyca number on the 25 April 2015, since then I've been putting up with not receiving calls and texts for weeks. Please can we escalate a fix soon.

thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi ThisisDan,

We're aware of an ongoing issue with porting Lycamobile numbers in. We're in the process of dealing with this with them.

Can you please PM me your full number so I can pass this on?

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
packit0
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Not good enough, Virgin Mobile. We expect the BASIC services to work on any mobile network: voice calls and texts!

I don't even have any great expectations with regards to data, but being able to receive and send texts messages and get incoming and outgoing phone call services is an essential part of any mobile network.

Yet, I'm still not receiving text messages.

This is just not good enough! I really regret porting to this network...  Smiley Sad

0 Kudos