Menu
csport111s
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not Registered on Network...

I have searched and followed a few other threads, this appears to be a fairly common issue.

My Samsung S2, the same number on Virgin for many years, this actual sim for probably 5 years, no real problems before now.

The "Not registered on Network" has shut things down for the last 2 days. As Virgin seem to continually shut down their tv & broadband service at random, I assumed this was the usual inconvenience?

According to Kies the phone has the latest software and I don't believe there has been an update on this old phone for 2 + years?

I haven't recently installed any apps or had any other issues with the phone.

To resolve the issue, I have removed battery & sim several times, been in and out of flight mode.

Shut down restart countless times.

In settings I have found mobile networks > network operators > (searching available networks) > selected Virgin rather than select automatically, to be told unable to connect try later.

This is with 2 to 3 phone signal bars showing while located inside the M25 in the UK, hardly rural or remote?

I removed the sim and put it in an old Nokia, it was unable to initiialise the Sim to make calls.

Do I need a new replacement Sim card?

Virgin, I need to resolve this, back at work after the break and I do not have time to devote to this, what do you suggest as the next course of action to resolve my problem?

Thanks..

0 Kudos
csport111s
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Not Registered on Network...

Are there any Virgin Mobile employees viewing this forum today who are able to help?

The phone status is the same; Not registered on network.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi csport111s

Sorry if no one has got back to you.

if you have tried an alternative handset then its either the sim card at fault or possibly something with the account

are you able to contact the team via another telephone??

Smiley Happy

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
csport111s
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me.

I used this resource as I hoped someone else would have an idea what the problem may be.

I could have phoned them first thing or yesterday, but wanted to try to get it going first.

I have learnt one thing, it appears this forum is a waste of time.

What is actually for, other than passing problems on to someone else.

I will be less than impressed if I phone and someone asks if I have tried the "help forum".

0 Kudos
Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The forum is a community forum whereby some issues can be resolved simply by posting the issue or we can give guidance on the best approach to resolve the issue.

Its clear that from your issue there is more involved that needs to be done I.e checking your account

Although I am staff , I don't work in the tech department so I wouldn't know what would cause such issue.

My best advice would be to speak to tech support

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi csport111s,

Thanks very much for posting.

I'm terribly sorry to hear you had no phone service for 2 days at the time of writing the post. I assure you we don't "shut things down" for the sake of it and I'm hoping there is a quick fix available for you.

I've managed to locate your postcode to check the local masts. These are all showing operation and I can't see there has been any faults in the area either.

If you've been unable to use the SIM card in another handset then it's possible this is the problem or there is a local signal issue that's not showing up this end.

As Lee_B mentioned, the way to get this looked in to is by calling 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone.

I hope you were able to get this rectified. Please let me know how it all went.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos