Menu
janleyland08
Just joined
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Non-delivery of SIM card and misleading delivery information in email

Ordred SIM card plus contract on 30/12/15, received emails saying thank you for order and order on its way through yodel to be delivered 31/12/15.  Still not received it and its now 4 Jan.  Contacted yodel myself today 4Jan, who advise they have no record of any delivery for my address.   Searched site and its difficult to find anyway of contacting you by email.    Contacted you and spoke to your adviser Abby who took lot of details from you and promised to ring me back as I am using pay as you go on my old phone till new sim card arrives.  Still waiting for her return call.  Very annoyed to receive another email today saying I will be billed from 13 January but haven't even got SIM card yet so I don't expect to pay for a month that I have not been able to use.    Not a good start to my experience with Virgin Media. 

Lee_B
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Non-delivery of SIM card and misleading delivery information in email

Hi janleyland08

Any deliveries made on the 30th should have been delivered on the 31st by Yodel.

My concern is that it wasn't sent via Yodel and may have been sent via Royal Mail which is 3 -5 working days. Im only guessing this since I don't have your account details .

Yodel would have had a record of your parcel if it was sent via them.

If you haven't received a call back then im really sorry for this. I would suggest trying to call the team

You can call the team on 789 from a Virgin mobile or 0345 6000 789 from another phone

Have I answered your question today? Mark the question as resolved if so!

Mark as helpful answer if this has helped you to show other members the resolution

Virgin Mobile Staff , However, All opinions are my own

0 Kudos
Geniedldl
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Same situation as you.😕 Ordered monthly sim only deal on 30th Dec, was told delivery on 31st Dec by email and  I havent received my sim today 4th Jan. I was told to wait for delivery till friday 8th Jan by customer service. Logged into my Virgin account, actually I was billed monthly charge from 31st Dec -30 Jan for my first month and DD go out of bank on 14th Jan. It seems I pay for the period which I dont have sim card. Not fair. 

0 Kudos
Stanners1980
Settling in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Same with me,

Ordered a new SIM before the weekend, requested Royal Mail as I knew Yodel were not good. So I was really surprised to get an email from Virgin yesterday to say that my SIM had been delivered (!) by Yodel. Of course, it hadn't as it was a Sunday and I have no trace of it at my house.

Plus, the tracking number that is included in the email doesn't work. Not happy... Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

Welcome to the forum everyone and many thanks for posting your concerns.

I apologise wholeheartedly for the troubles you've had with the delivery of your handsets and SIM cards. I fully appreciate your concerns and would like to reassure you on this matter.

There could potentially be a delay on the handset if there has been a demand for it lately. This is particularly evident over the Christmas and New Year period. If the order is placed then you'll definitely get it. I'd imagine this should have been told to you on the phone though.

Regarding the SIM cards, it's strange the tracking number is different. I'm not aware of there being any delays with these. Delivery disputes can indeed be sent to the courier for feedback.

The billing period would start from when the order was placed. If you haven't received the delivery the billing would still be produced. To combat this, a credit can be placed on the account for the time you've been waiting.

To get the latest updates please call the team on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone. If any replacements need to be ordered then they can do this too.

I'd be very keen to hear the outcome so please keep me updated.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
wendy444
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Rich_B wrote:

The billing period would start from when the order was placed. If you haven't received the delivery the billing would still be produced. To combat this, a credit can be placed on the account for the time you've been waiting.

I am also a new order person who seems to be experiencing this.
Email from you saying that it will be delivered today and I need to sign for it
No tracking number
No courier contact
Sat in waiting today and no-one comes. What time do they deliver to on a Sunday?
and I'm sure your terms said somewhere that the account should start from when the 'device' is received if it is later than the order date.
A very poor and disappointing start.

0 Kudos
brad_29
Dialled in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

nothing but complaints about virgin media as per usual
0 Kudos
wendy444
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes thinking about ordering one from another supplier reading the posts here, and if that comes before the VM one  just cancelling VM.

Left their TV and broadband because of shocking service and billing 'errors' all in their favour before. Always one to give people a second chance - sadly rarely thank myself for it.

Def not going to go back to them for TV now - ever.

Needless to say no sim has arrived. Can I charge them for a wasted day spent in at their insistence?

My weekends are far to precious for this waste.

0 Kudos
wendy444
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

and speaking to them on the phone today is confirming i have made a BIG mistake here.

There response is 'well I'm sorry about the email, I dont know what that is but the sim will arrive sometime this week.

Effectively  - go away - is the impression I got.

What a horrible company this clearly continues to be. Can't even get new customer contact right.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Wendy444,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry for any misleading information on our side.

I want to look into this for you. So I can do this, I've sent you a PM detailing the next steps.

You can view this by clicking on the purple envelope on the top right.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos