Menu
ngandy111
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Nokia lumia 635 w/unlimited virgin plan wont send pic messages

My Nokia Lumia 635 will not send picture messages despite having an unlimited talk text and data plan... I've tried things I've read online with no success... Has anyone else encountered this problem or know how I can get a hold of a virgin support tech that can help? Thanks!
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nokia lumia 635 w/unlimited virgin plan wont send pic messages

Ok
Have you checked mobile data is switched on (you may need to switch off wifi for a minute to check) and that it's working, a 3G, H or H+ icon by the signal bar

That you have the correct apn set for Internet and MMS?

In order to set up an MMS profile, an Internet or WAP access point must be available to edit.

On the Home screen, scroll right and select Settings > Access Point
Tap, and hold, on the access point to edit.
Select edit (APN) and scroll to the MMS APN section.
Enter goto.virginmobile.uk as the APN.
Enter the User name and Password listed below. If no value is listed, leave the field blank: -
User name: user
Password:
Enter 193.30.166.2 in the Proxy address field.
Enter 8080 in the Proxy port field.
Enter http://mms.virginmobile.co.uk:8002 in the MMSC address field .
Choose IPv4 in the Network type field.
Choose PAP as the Authenication type.
Tap on the Save Icon.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nokia lumia 635 w/unlimited virgin plan wont send pic messages

Hi ngandy111,

I've responded to your original post here: my phone wont send picture messages. Apologies for the delay in responding to your posts. I'm glad to see that J0hn has been able to provide you with great advice about this problem. 

We'd be grateful if you didn't request support for the same issue across multiple threads as it can make it more difficult for us to assist you effectively and also impacts us helping out other customers.

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos