Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7 (171 Views)

Nokia Lumia 635 Can't Send Text: Try Again

Hiya,

Within the last few days, my phone has suddenly decided to not send texts.  To date:

• I have repeatedly received the "Can't send text.  Try again" message.  Even after tapping "try again" several times, texts will not send.
  • I have tried checking for updates: no issues there...
  • I'm on a SIM only package with unlimited text/call and PLENTY of data - far more than I've ever used/will ever use, and is direct debit/paid up to date; so, it's not an allowance/account problem.
  • The MMS Centre Number is correct.
  • My mobile has not been dropped or had any other mishaps.
  • I have tried shutting it down, and restarting it - that doesn't clear it either.

The only thing that intermittently "works" is breaking longer messages into multiple smaller messages, so my poor recipients receive several messages, instead of just one.

I've just ordered a 4G SIM card as a minor upgrade, as my phone is still 3G, but 4G-capable.  My new SIM should arrive in the next few days...Maybe that will help?

Are there any fixes out there for this sudden text problem? I note others have been advised to reset their phone and restore it to factory settings, which for many has not worked.  So, I'm not willing to go to the extreme of wipe everything out to start again for something that likely won't work anyway. Smiley Frustrated

[My mobile has also just somewhat recovered from a different issue where it wouldn't shut down, but would restart - I switched off my mobile as normal, before going into a meeting, slipped it back into my handbag where it, apparently, switched itself back on...the alarm went off in the middle of my meeting! Smiley Embarassed I tried shutting it down repeatedly each time, and it just kept restarting - that has happened several times.  Although, that seems to have stopped for the most part for now. Smiley Indifferent]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7 (140 Views)

Re: Nokia Lumia 635 Can't Send Text: Try Again

Hi 1pPinchersPurse

Sorry to hear about this issue sending texts.

Could you let me know if you're still having this issue?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 7 (131 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yes, still have the same problem.  Currently, trying to send "Ready" text to activate my new 4G SIM card without success!

Also, still having problems with my phone not shutting down - it still automatically restarts most times.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 7 (109 Views)

STILL can't send texts/MMS! I can make and receive phone calls, and I can receive texts, but still can't send/reply to them.  Still getting "Can't Send Text: Try Again" message. Smiley Mad

Can anyone help resolve this issue at all?! 

To date, I have:

• Performed a soft reset.
  • Performed a hard reset to factory settings (with disastrous results!)
  • Replaced the 3G SIM card with a new 4G SIM card.
  • Taken out the battery, put it back in again.
  • Switched the mobile off/on - still encountering same problem with it switching itself back on!
  • Checked the Settings to make sure it's set to "Automatically Download Messages"...
  • The MMS Centre Number appears to be correct according to Virgin's UK website...

I really don't know what else to do or try! This is an ongoing, worsening problem that seemed to suddenly start to intermittently occur a couple of weeks ago, now I can't send texts, of any size/kind, at all!

I still don't know, and can't ascertain, if it's caused by a glitch in the mobile itself, or whether it's Virgin mobile problem...?

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 7 (95 Views)

Hi,

FINALLY managed to resolve this issue over the phone with a ridiculously easy fix that no one else had mentioned!

Apparently, my phone must have updated itself and altered the SMS Centre Number removing the all-important "+" sign before the phone number!  The number itself was correct, but the "+" was missing. Smiley FrustratedSmiley Surprised

For anyone else who is experiencing the same issue:

Go to:

• Settings
  • Applications
  • Messaging
  • Scroll down to the SMS Centre Number...

If the SMS Centre Number is missing the "+" sign, make sure your cursor is at the very first position before the number, hold down the "0" key (on the number pad that pops up when you tap on the message centre box) to edit it/ add the "+" sign.

Once added, tap SAVE.

Done.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 7 (63 Views)

Having problems with this issue AGAIN! I've double-checked everything including the "+" sign in front of the Virgin SMS Centre Number...Performed all the usual checks, soft reset...What gives?!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7 (37 Views)

Hi 1pPinchersPurse,

I'm sorry to hear that this issue is still ongoing. Have you been back in touch with us direct since your post?

If you are still having a problem with this, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos