Menu
MissPasko
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Nokia 2600 memory

Dear Virgin,

I wonder if you can help.

I have a Nokia 2600 Classic that you provided to me many years ago.  It has been my favourite handset of all time.  Unfortunately, it fell out of my pocket a few weeks ago and when I realised and went back to get it, it had been damaged - probably a car ran over it and seems to have damaged the button that controls the power on/off feature.  It was in a carry-case, so it is not too bad otherwise.

It did turn on once and I could scroll through menus, so I know the memory is not damaged, nor is the screen.  But a friend who was trying to help wanted to know the model number, so we took the cover off and battery out and since then, I cannot get it to turn on again.

I went to a local repair shop, but they don't know what to do with it.

Can anyone at Virgin Repair Centre access the memory in this model?  Or can Nokia get access to the memory?  It occurs to me that if MI5 or the FBI wanted my contacts as a matter of national security - they'd soon get them - so surely there is a way.

Ideally - I'd love to have the same handset forever - so if you have any in stock that would also be a plus to me!  I am using a spare phone we had at home, but it just isn't as nice in my opinion.

Best wishes,

Proud Virgin Customer since 1995 (or thereabouts!)

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nokia 2600 memory

Hi Misspako,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear of the damage to your Nokia. So we can get this sorted for you, give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789. Our team on the phone can check to see if we can bring the phone in for repair.

Let me know how the call goes.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Misspako,

How did you get on with getting your phone repaired?

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You are very kind to check up on this.  I have a day off later this week, and I'll give them a ring then.  I'll be in touch!

See my pretty dog, Mia?  There are several photos of her locked in that phone and I will move heaven and earth to try to save them.  Lucky there are no grandchildren, yet!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me MissPasko Smiley Happy

I really hope we can get this sorted in some way.

Please let me know how it all goes.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos