Menu
tobyparrot
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No transmission

I am on payg. Can someone please tell me especially VM as to why my mobiles transmission gets cut off every 2 months or there abouts. I was trying to get my balance when I noticed this lack of transmission.( dead) I wondered why I wasn't receiving important texts that I was expecting. This is a regular occurrence and there is no warning when transmission is cut off. Its rather frustrating when someone says to me did you get my text and I say no and its because Virgin has cut transmission to my mobile and I didn't know till I try to check my balance. I would be grateful if someone can explain to me why VM does this.Many thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No transmission

A lot of mobiles, especially older ones, drop off the network after some time if they are constantly on.Always solved by the old chestnut of switching it off and on to re-register. If you can work out aprox when it drops off  just reboot  before then, youll be sweet. I had a windows phone that had the same issue once a fortnight.

Its usually handset based rather than network based.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

A lot of mobiles, especially older ones, drop off the network after some time if they are constantly on.Always solved by the old chestnut of switching it off and on to re-register. If you can work out aprox when it drops off  just reboot  before then, youll be sweet. I had a windows phone that had the same issue once a fortnight.

Its usually handset based rather than network based.

0 Kudos
tobyparrot
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. That's a strange thing for a mobile to do. I don't see the reasoning behind it all .I always thought it was because more bandwith was given to mobiles on contract to keep them happy.

0 Kudos