Menu
Suek1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No sim

I upgraded my Galaxy s4 mini so when I received my new phone Galaxy core prime I exported my numbers on my s4  mini to my sim so could put sim in new phone but message on s4  mini is " no sim" & same message on new phone. I rang Virgin the answer is to send a new sim but wont arrive till tomorrow, I have not been able to use my phone for 2 days. I also asked Virgin if my S4 mnin is unlocked & they said yes.

Could Virgin have blocked my sim?

Frustrated that can't use either phone.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No sim

Just a rider. If you are using an Android Phone you can back everything up to a Google account and simply restore them to your new phone.

Done that with 3 phones over the years.

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Suek1,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you've had some trouble with the sim. I'll be happy to clear this up for you. It's very unlikely that the sim was blocked. It's more than likely that there was an error with the sim card. My colleague would've picked up on a blocked sim as it displays on our system.

Let me know how you get on with your new sim.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Suek1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat

Thanks for your reply. I received a new sim yesterday, had the same problem, they ordered me another sim took £5 off my next bill. Today I received another sim & this is working. I had to manually type in all my contacts from my old Galaxy s4 mini because the old sim didnt work as soon as I received my new phone. I have asked them if my old phone S4 mini is unlocked as I want to pass it on & they said it is unlocked will wait & see.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear that this is working for you Suek1 Smiley Happy 

Let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
johnparker92
Just joined
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you virgin community for giving good and quick response.
[url=http://fugenx.com/android-apps-development-company-in-san-diego-san-jose-san-francisco-usa/]App development companies in San Francisco[/url] | [url=http://fugenx.com/top-10-mobile-app-development-companies-in-san-francisco/]Best mobile app development companies in san Francisco[/url]
0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just a rider. If you are using an Android Phone you can back everything up to a Google account and simply restore them to your new phone.

Done that with 3 phones over the years.