Menu
Sim55
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No signal

My partner and I haven't got any signal when we at home, sometimes in the garden too. For over 3 weeks now. We've been customers of for years and never had this problem and we've had signal in this property before. We've turned off our phones, taken batteries and sims out and also checked on the signal checker with our post code which says it should be 'good'. Please can you help? Thanks in advance
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No signal

Hi Sim55,

Thanks for getting back to me. I appreciate this is frustrating especially if you're not very good with computer stuff as you mentioned.

The wireless router would only help with internet browsing. There would be a separate icon on the phone to indicate when this is connected. The mobile phone signal is different.

How many bars of mobile signal do you get?

Are you having problems making/receiving calls?

Are you having problems sending/receiving texts?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sim55,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm deeply sorry to hear you're struggling with mobile signal at your home.

It can be tricky to identify the cause of the problem. Could you please answer the following:-

Has anything been installed in the property in the past 3 weeks?

Do you get signal problems anywhere else?

What handsets do you have?

I'll also send you a private message to obtain your full postcode so I can check the area. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Please respond to my questions here.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sim55,

Thanks for providing me the postcode. I'll now bring this conversation in to the public forum.

I've checked this for any problems with masts and there are none. Outdoor signal is rated at 'Good'.

As you've stated, it seems to be only your house and garden which is affected. As soon as you go further up the road it works fine.

Has anything been installed in the property in the past 3 weeks? Service may be affected by a number of local factors, such as building materials, tree cover and weather conditions.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Royliv
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

If the problem is only local to your house and garden it certainly sounds like your signal may be getting swamped by interference, think baby monitors, wireless doorbells, wireless central heating controls, burgalar alarms etc. Maybe even something in a neighbouring property?

Sim55
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

That's the thing, we've lived her for 2 years now and never had a problem before only in the past 3/4 weeks.
There's been nothing new installed at all.
I've got a wireless modem on all the time, would that make a difference? I have it on all the time as my internet is so slow.
I did think the wireless router may be the problem so turned it off for a while but made no difference at all except my internet on my phone wouldn't work at all. Plus my partners phone doesn't have wifi switched on and his is still on 'sos'
Surely the wireless would help with signal no?
I'm really not very good with understanding computer stuff!
Thanks for your help though.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Sim55,

Thanks for getting back to me. I appreciate this is frustrating especially if you're not very good with computer stuff as you mentioned.

The wireless router would only help with internet browsing. There would be a separate icon on the phone to indicate when this is connected. The mobile phone signal is different.

How many bars of mobile signal do you get?

Are you having problems making/receiving calls?

Are you having problems sending/receiving texts?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Sim55
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi
I'm lucky to get one bar of signal, most of the time it says 'no service'. Same with my partner, his says 'sos'.
We can't receive or send texts until we go outside. Much the same with incoming and outgoing calls. If I can answer the line is terrible, so much so there was no point picking up at all. Then they call on my house phone but not everyone has this so I. Sure I'm missing some calls due to this problem.
I was waiting in for a delivery the other day where they were going to call 1 hr before delivery and had to put my phone outside the back door in the hope to get signal and not to miss the call all or delivery.
Very very frustrating. What can I do? Is there something I can get to boost the signal in my house?
Thanks again
Simone
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Simone,

Thanks for getting back to me.

There are signal boosters out there but we don't endorse any of them. So you need to look in to these and purchase at your own risk.

I'd recommend contacting our team on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone. They'll be able to look at things further.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Can I ask what handset you have? is it a Samsung by any chance?

0 Kudos
Sim55
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have a iPhone and my partner has the same problem but has a blackberry.
I will call Virgin today and see what they say.
0 Kudos