Menu
liquid_dreams
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No signal at all on Virgin or EE

Hi

Where I work no one on Virgin or EE can get a signal and its been like this for a few days now. Cannot access any texts, calls or data. Sometimes it says we are connected but nothing still works. This really sucks as family and friends cannot contact us! The area is Skelton, York, YO30 1XW.

Regards

0 Kudos
bevthewitch
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No signal at all on Virgin or EE

I've got no signal at all, just come back from Mallorca today, had a signal on Orange over there, nothing here. Very frustrating as I can't find any information about mobile service status anywhere! I'm near Edinburgh...

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bevthewitch

Have you tried switching phone off and back on again since being home.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
bevthewitch
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes, done that, even considered a factory reset, but I seem to have sorted it by following the Phone Fix instructions to force the phone to do a manual roam. I had tried to do this, but not to the point of trying to get the phone to connect to a different network as I assumed that the X meant it couldn't detect any network. This was not the case, so once I'd tried to connect to O2 then reconnected to Virgin I got a signal. I've sent a text and made a call, so I'm hoping all is now ok. 

It's very strange as I've never had this problem returning from abroad before.... I see there's a lot of folk with a similar problem but I don't know how you do a mass broadcast if that's what's required! Is Virgin at fault? They have no useful information that I could find, it's taken me nearly half a day to figure it out...

thanks for your input,

Bev

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi liquid_dreams,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear your having signal issue in your area.

I've checked your area for you using the post code you provided (thanks for this). Looking at some of the masts near you they appear to be down and are currently logged as having a fault. I don't have a fix time as yet but they are being worked on as we speak.

I would recommend we monitor this over the next few days. If it continues I can check the status of the masts again for you.

Let me know how this goes for you.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
liquid_dreams
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen

Still having issues in this area. It's been over a week now.

Regards
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi liquid_dreams,

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm disappointed to hear the problem is still happening.

I've checked the postcode again and can see there is one 2G and one 3G mast still down in the area. I'm afraid I don't know any other details.

There are others operational further away but this may provide an intermittent service or lower than usual signal strength.

What's the latest your end? Do you get some signal?

Do you get an error saying no service?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
liquid_dreams
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So nearly 2 weeks later I still don't get a signal. I'm at work more than I'm at home recently due to 12 hour shifts and this is totally crap.

Sometimes it says I have a signal but nothing comes through and other times it just says I don't have a signal at all. Like I said, I'm at work 12 hours and maybe a max of twice during a shift have messages come through to my phone only for the signal to die again so I cannot reply.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi liquid_dreams,

Thanks for coming back to me. This isn't what I wanted to hear but expected it due to the 2 EE mast faults.

The next step would be to call the team on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other phone. They'll be able to check with the networks team for a more detailed updated.

I'd be very keen to hear the outcome. Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos