Menu
Eigna
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No signal ONLY when I'm in my home area

I have not had a signal on mine and my late husbands phones since Saturday.  Phoned support last night to be told the signal is fine and put through the usual rigmarole of ..... Remove the battery, try searching for the network etc, etc. none of which worked.  Guy then said "we'll send you replacement SIM cards (unable to comprehend that I didn't need 2 SIM cards as I have already rung for cancellation notice on the other phone!!) even when talking to him the signal wasn't static on wifi and he had to ring back and then it didn't last.  However I went out today and surprise but FULL signal half a mile away!! Therefore it's not my phone.  The same thing happened last year and they 'discovered' after a few days that the fault was with the mast.  How do I convince them that the fault is with Virgin not my phone? 

0 Kudos
Eigna
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No signal when I'm in my home area - update

Phone has had a signal all day whilst I was at work, 2 miles away, and has also even got a signal and 3G showing now I've come home ...... Proof it wasn't my phone.  Also my late husbands phone which has had nothing done to it, not even a hard reboot, now has a signal and it's been indoors all day.  Seems to me that Virgin's signal checks are not 100% accurate? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Eigna,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you're having issues with your signal at home. I want to get this sorted for you. So we can get on the case, are you able to PM me your full postcode?

You can do this by clicking on the image of my face and selecting the private message on the right hand side.

Let me know once you've sent this off.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Eigna,

Are you still having trouble with the signal?

Feel free to PM me the postcode if you need me to investigate further.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos