Menu
Trishp
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No service in Spain

This is the third time that I have not been able to use my phone in Spain despite having called Virgin to ensure that it is set up. I am here for a month with my husband who also has a phone that will not work and we are unhappy to say the least. We need to receive texts but when we search for a network after re-booting the phone it just comes up with forbidden networks. Can you please look into this. If it isn't sorted we will have to leave Virgin and move to a supplier that can provide the service that we need.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: No service in Spain

Hi Trishp

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the issues with your roaming service.

It's a few days since you posted. Did you manage to get this sorted out or can we still help out?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Trishp
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting back to me but as yet I've had no assistance whatsoever with this. Been without any phone service for over 2 weeks now.

Any ideas would be massively appreciated!

Regards,

Trish

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Trishp,

I'm sorry to hear that you have had multiple problems with your roaming service while in Spain.Please have a look at the following post, which contains more information about roaming: HELP GUIDE - Mobile Data Roaming for Pay Monthly / SIMO Customers or via our online Help & Support page: Using your Virgin Mobile abroad FAQs.

If you are still having a problem, please let me know and I can look into this for you. I will need to take more details from you, so I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
DarloRed
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Trish,

believe me, you are not alone.

I visited Spain earlier in the year and had a similar problem. My phone was fine when I arrived. Got the Welcome To Spain message followed by another one detailing call rates. Then a couple of mornings later when I switched the phone on I got the dreaded No Service. Mobile was useless.

When I got back to the UK the phone worked fine from stepping off the plane. I rang Virgin to complain and the guy who investigated said he fixed the issue and it would be fine from then on.

Now I'm back in Spain and guess what ? The mobile didn't work from the moment I switched on after landing ! No Service - surprise, surprise.

I shall of course ring Virgin when I get back to complain, yet again. But obviously from my experience it does no good. 

I would suggest you look for an alternative, more reliable supplier. I also have the full TV and internet package with Virgin - on my return I will be looking for an alternative supplier for the lot. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi DarloRed

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having with the roaming service.

Are you still in Spain and experiencing this issue?

Let me know if I can still help with this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

0 Kudos