Menu
Lostinfrance
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No service in France

Hi,
I'm away In France for a few days looking tor properties and the area as we want to move here.
The plan was I would keep in close touch with my missus (back home in U.K.) while going about things.
As it was so important I rang Virgin Mobile this morning and was assured everything was set up fine and no need for me to do anything.
Arrived in France this morning and can't make calls or send texts. Calls I can't make include to Virgin Mobile. Also can't login to my account on line (on the hotel wifi, hours after I needed things working). Keeps telling me login details are wrong even after resetting password.
Any chance there's a way to get this sorted?
If not I may well be telling Virgin where to stick their contract when I get back next week, let me down big time.
Tried all available providers and switching between 2g & 3g plus restarting phone, now truly feeling lost in France!
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No service in France

Have you enabled roaming on your phone and also enabled international calls on your account ?

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have you enabled roaming on your phone and also enabled international calls on your account ?
Lostinfrance
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, back in action so slightly less scathing about Virgin even though had been in the country frustrated for 10 hours by then.
Had the sim out, manually changed carrier umpteen times, switched between 2 and 3G but never managed to login to my account so what combination of things was the winner I don't know.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lostinfrance,

Sorry to hear that your service isn't working while abroad in France. I just wanted to check back with you that your roaming is working and see if you are able to access your online account now.

Please let me know if you'd like me to look into this if you are still experiencing problems. If you need me to check this, I'll need to take more details from you, so I'll pop a private message over to you now. Just click on the envelope icon at the top right of this page to access the pm. 

Many thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos