Menu
Joining in
Message 61 of 88 (432 Views)

Re: No service abroad

We have 3 phones on Virgin, all with data roaming set up well before we travelled. We've manually changed the settings as advised previously in this thread & still nothing.

Please advise on how to sort this as its becoming increasingly frustrating that one of our party is on EE & her data worked as soon as we arrived in France, yet we still have nothing.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 62 of 88 (429 Views)

Hi Beoforleah,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that you're having a problem with your data roaming service. Is this working for you now?

Please verify that your data roaming setting on your mobile is enabled and that your APN settings are correct as noted on this post: Roaming - FAQs  or you can find your handset on our following website to have the configuration settings for mobile internet sent to your phone:  Online Send Phone Settings. If your handset isn’t on this list, you will need to manually reset the APN settings.

Also have a look at the following online Help & Support Page: Roaming Hub if you have access to WiFi.

If you are still having an issue with this, please send a private message to me so that I can look into this further for you. 

Please PM me with the following details:

• Full name on account
  • Mobile number
  • Country you are visiting

To PM me, simply:

• Click on my forum name on the left of this post.
  • Go to my profile.
  • On the right had side, select the 'send me a message' option.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 63 of 88 (423 Views)

Hi Beoforleah,

Thank you for sending your details via PM. I have reset the three numbers on your account. It can take up to 24 hours for this to update on the network.

Just reboot your handset and retry.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 64 of 88 (353 Views)

I have bought a dual SIM phone to by pass the Virgin roaming problem. My wife and I first notified Virgin of roaming difficulties over 2 years ago. In my wife's case nothing has been resolved and in my case roaming is partially available ... calls but no data. Virgin are and have been fully aware of the problems paying customers have experienced with roaming but have chosen not to put a solution in place. Good enough service at home but an absolute failure when wishing to roam.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 65 of 88 (346 Views)

HI Kirkby49,

Thanks for stopping by, it's nice to speak to you again after all this time. I'm now fully aware of the steps needed to fix any roaming issues you may encounter.

Are you going away again soon? If so, I'd like to get you up and running once and for all.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 66 of 88 (324 Views)

So once again,

I'm in France, right now. No internet. I can call and text but no internet connection.

How many times do I have to do this. Every time I've been here, it hasn't worked. I've done everything suggested and it hasn't worked.

I think I've proved Virgin simply don't have a fix for this.

Angus.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 67 of 88 (321 Views)

Hi Angus,

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing.

Are you able to provide me with some screenshots of your handset showing data roaming on and the APN settings?

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 68 of 88 (301 Views)

Hi Rich,

I couldn't do as you asked yesterday as I had limited wifi on the ferry.

Here are the screenshots you requested.

These settings came from Virgin,

Thanks,

Angus.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 69 of 88 (295 Views)

Hi Angus,

I can't see any screenshots I'm afraid.

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 70 of 88 (290 Views)

Odd, I can see them.

Any suggestions as to how I can get them to you..?

Thanks,

Angus.

0 Kudos